Molpus Woodlands buys timberland in two states
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2011
JACKSON — The Molpus Woodlands Group, LLC, on behalf of an unnamed client, has successfully purchased approximately 26,500 acres of timberland located in Georgia and Virginia.
The timberland, located in Liberty and Long Counties in Georgia, and Greensville, Sussex and Southhampton Counties in Virginia, consists mainly of southern pine timberland. Molpus currently manages approximately 22,000 acres in Georgia and Virginia.
This transaction is the second acquisition for Molpus’s third co-mingled fund.
Molpus Woodlands Group president Dick Molpus said, “We are pleased to expand our existing operations in these areas.”
The fund, which closed in May 2011 at approximately $439 million, is made up of U.S. and international investors, including corporate and public retirement systems, university endowments, foundations and private investors. Molpus currently has over one million acres of timberland under management located in 15 states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- JACK WEATHERLY: Finding a house, defending a neighborhood, finding a voice
- Report ranks state schools' performance 51st in the nation
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years