Molpus Woodlands buys timberland in two states
by MBJ Staff
Published: September 30,2011
JACKSON — The Molpus Woodlands Group, LLC, on behalf of an unnamed client, has successfully purchased approximately 26,500 acres of timberland located in Georgia and Virginia.
The timberland, located in Liberty and Long Counties in Georgia, and Greensville, Sussex and Southhampton Counties in Virginia, consists mainly of southern pine timberland. Molpus currently manages approximately 22,000 acres in Georgia and Virginia.
This transaction is the second acquisition for Molpus’s third co-mingled fund.
Molpus Woodlands Group president Dick Molpus said, “We are pleased to expand our existing operations in these areas.”
The fund, which closed in May 2011 at approximately $439 million, is made up of U.S. and international investors, including corporate and public retirement systems, university endowments, foundations and private investors. Molpus currently has over one million acres of timberland under management located in 15 states.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus