Commercial real estate looks for a way out of the woods
by Ted Carter
Published: October 2,2011
Somebody had to be elected the optimist in a room full of commercial real estate professionals gathered Sept. 22 for a panel discussion organized by the Mississippi CCIM Chapter.
The job fell to Leland Speed, longtime real estate investor and interim chief of the Mississippi Development Authority.
The task was not made any easier by the news that the Dow fell another 100 points from the time he parked his car and walked into the Lakeland Drive headquarters of the Mississippi Association of Realtors to join…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion