District names winners
The Vicksburg District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently held its annual awards ceremony to recognize some of the outstanding employees who excelled and demonstrated leadership qualities on projects throughout the district and the nation. Recipients were presented the awards by Col. Jeff Eckstein, Commander of the Vicksburg District.
Award categories and recipients were: Engineer Award – Joey Windham; Scientist Award – Christopher Koeppel; Professional Award – Louise Acuff; Park Ranger of the Year Award – Robbie Hancock; Outstanding Achievement in EEO – Jacob Brister; Volunteer Leadership Award – Charles McKinnie; Paddle Wheel Award – Dereck Redwine; Employee of the Year Award – Patricia Hemphill; Student of the Year Award – Robert McRae, Seth Sturdivant and Anita Griffin; and, Administrator of the Year Award – Amanda Hanks.
The Vicksburg District Team Award went to Brad Arcement, Joelle Handy, Gabe Harris, Lane Vargas, Rich Feibelman, Lanny Barfield, Chris Lee, Phil LaBarre, Ricky Pearce, Tim Graham, Dustin Herr, Justin Jones, Heather Sibley and Phil Hegwood. This group was awarded for work performed as a team in the New Orleans Hurricane Storm Damage Risk Reduction System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers