District names winners
The Vicksburg District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently held its annual awards ceremony to recognize some of the outstanding employees who excelled and demonstrated leadership qualities on projects throughout the district and the nation. Recipients were presented the awards by Col. Jeff Eckstein, Commander of the Vicksburg District.
Award categories and recipients were: Engineer Award – Joey Windham; Scientist Award – Christopher Koeppel; Professional Award – Louise Acuff; Park Ranger of the Year Award – Robbie Hancock; Outstanding Achievement in EEO – Jacob Brister; Volunteer Leadership Award – Charles McKinnie; Paddle Wheel Award – Dereck Redwine; Employee of the Year Award – Patricia Hemphill; Student of the Year Award – Robert McRae, Seth Sturdivant and Anita Griffin; and, Administrator of the Year Award – Amanda Hanks.
The Vicksburg District Team Award went to Brad Arcement, Joelle Handy, Gabe Harris, Lane Vargas, Rich Feibelman, Lanny Barfield, Chris Lee, Phil LaBarre, Ricky Pearce, Tim Graham, Dustin Herr, Justin Jones, Heather Sibley and Phil Hegwood. This group was awarded for work performed as a team in the New Orleans Hurricane Storm Damage Risk Reduction System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail