District names winners
The Vicksburg District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently held its annual awards ceremony to recognize some of the outstanding employees who excelled and demonstrated leadership qualities on projects throughout the district and the nation. Recipients were presented the awards by Col. Jeff Eckstein, Commander of the Vicksburg District.
Award categories and recipients were: Engineer Award – Joey Windham; Scientist Award – Christopher Koeppel; Professional Award – Louise Acuff; Park Ranger of the Year Award – Robbie Hancock; Outstanding Achievement in EEO – Jacob Brister; Volunteer Leadership Award – Charles McKinnie; Paddle Wheel Award – Dereck Redwine; Employee of the Year Award – Patricia Hemphill; Student of the Year Award – Robert McRae, Seth Sturdivant and Anita Griffin; and, Administrator of the Year Award – Amanda Hanks.
The Vicksburg District Team Award went to Brad Arcement, Joelle Handy, Gabe Harris, Lane Vargas, Rich Feibelman, Lanny Barfield, Chris Lee, Phil LaBarre, Ricky Pearce, Tim Graham, Dustin Herr, Justin Jones, Heather Sibley and Phil Hegwood. This group was awarded for work performed as a team in the New Orleans Hurricane Storm Damage Risk Reduction System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jackson’s Landmark Center slated for mixed-use conversion
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Race to the pump: Feds appear ready to beat state on new gas taxes
- Senate transportation chair seeks emergency money for roads, bridges
- Challenging times ahead for Pearl’s manufactured home residents, apartment complex owners
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Irby commits suicide after wife's prison release
- 3 dozen groups OK'd for Miss. specialty car tags