District names winners
The Vicksburg District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently held its annual awards ceremony to recognize some of the outstanding employees who excelled and demonstrated leadership qualities on projects throughout the district and the nation. Recipients were presented the awards by Col. Jeff Eckstein, Commander of the Vicksburg District.
Award categories and recipients were: Engineer Award – Joey Windham; Scientist Award – Christopher Koeppel; Professional Award – Louise Acuff; Park Ranger of the Year Award – Robbie Hancock; Outstanding Achievement in EEO – Jacob Brister; Volunteer Leadership Award – Charles McKinnie; Paddle Wheel Award – Dereck Redwine; Employee of the Year Award – Patricia Hemphill; Student of the Year Award – Robert McRae, Seth Sturdivant and Anita Griffin; and, Administrator of the Year Award – Amanda Hanks.
The Vicksburg District Team Award went to Brad Arcement, Joelle Handy, Gabe Harris, Lane Vargas, Rich Feibelman, Lanny Barfield, Chris Lee, Phil LaBarre, Ricky Pearce, Tim Graham, Dustin Herr, Justin Jones, Heather Sibley and Phil Hegwood. This group was awarded for work performed as a team in the New Orleans Hurricane Storm Damage Risk Reduction System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Hood clarifies opinion on open-carry gun law
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015