District names winners
The Vicksburg District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers recently held its annual awards ceremony to recognize some of the outstanding employees who excelled and demonstrated leadership qualities on projects throughout the district and the nation. Recipients were presented the awards by Col. Jeff Eckstein, Commander of the Vicksburg District.
Award categories and recipients were: Engineer Award – Joey Windham; Scientist Award – Christopher Koeppel; Professional Award – Louise Acuff; Park Ranger of the Year Award – Robbie Hancock; Outstanding Achievement in EEO – Jacob Brister; Volunteer Leadership Award – Charles McKinnie; Paddle Wheel Award – Dereck Redwine; Employee of the Year Award – Patricia Hemphill; Student of the Year Award – Robert McRae, Seth Sturdivant and Anita Griffin; and, Administrator of the Year Award – Amanda Hanks.
The Vicksburg District Team Award went to Brad Arcement, Joelle Handy, Gabe Harris, Lane Vargas, Rich Feibelman, Lanny Barfield, Chris Lee, Phil LaBarre, Ricky Pearce, Tim Graham, Dustin Herr, Justin Jones, Heather Sibley and Phil Hegwood. This group was awarded for work performed as a team in the New Orleans Hurricane Storm Damage Risk Reduction System.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015