Edney joins firm
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has added La’Verne Edney to the firm’s Jackson office. Edney, who joins as a shareholder and a member of Baker Donelson’s Product Liability & Mass Tort Practice Group, previously served as general counsel for the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project (MVLP).
Prior to working with MVLP, Edney was a partner at Brunini, Grantham, Grower & Hewes, PLLC, in Jackson where for 11 years she maintained a general litigation practice with an emphasis on matters related to mass tort litigation, product liability, employment discrimination, medical malpractice and personal injury.
A 1996 graduate of the Mississippi College School of Law, Edney is actively involved in Leadership Jackson, Capital Area Bar Association, Metro Jackson Black Women Lawyers Association and Mississippi Bar Association. She serves as a member of various boards including the Mission Mississippi Resource & Development Committee and Mississippi Children Home Services and is on the board of trustees of Mississippi College.
Her numerous accolades include being named the Mississippi College Black Law Student Association’s 2010 Alumni of the Year, receiving the Capital Area Bar Association’s 2010 Outstanding Service Award, being honored as the Outstanding Woman Lawyer of the Year by the Mississippi Women Lawyers Association in 2011 and being recognized as one of Mississippi’s 50 Leading Business Women by the Mississippi Business Journal in 2007.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion