Peavey appointed commissioner
Gov. Haley Barbour has appointed arts and education advocate and music-industry executive Mary Peavey to the Mississippi Arts Commission’s board of commissioners. Peavey, president of Peavey Electronics Corporation in Meridian, is a sixth-generation Mississippian who has dedicated her life to bridging creativity and commerce through arts and education.
An active and dedicated supporter of after-school programs, Peavey helped make Mississippi the first state to offer the “Afterschool is Key” car tag. She is a board member of the national Afterschool Alliance, has served as an advocate for the National Arts Council and continues to bring the arts to children through strategic partnerships, events and music education programs.
Peavey also plays an essential role in producing the annual “Mississippi GRAMMY Legacy Celebration,” which celebrates the fact that Mississippi has produced more GRAMMY Award winners and nominees per capita than any other state. The event features the Peavey Awards and was named “One of the Coolest Events on the Planet” by Vanity Fair in 2008.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on