Shannon named director
Volunteer Oxford, the Lafayette Oxford University’s new volunteer center, has named Kelly Shannon as the inaugural director. Shannon was named director after moving from Jackson to Oxford earlier this year.
Raised in Hazlehurst, she graduated from Mississippi College in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and has over 12 years of public relations and marketing experience.
Shannon worked eight years for the Mississippi State Department of Health as a special projects officer, handling mass media relations and public health marketing projects. Most recently, she served as the communications and public relations manager for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- BankPlus recognized for alternative program to payday lending