Shannon named director
Volunteer Oxford, the Lafayette Oxford University’s new volunteer center, has named Kelly Shannon as the inaugural director. Shannon was named director after moving from Jackson to Oxford earlier this year.
Raised in Hazlehurst, she graduated from Mississippi College in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and has over 12 years of public relations and marketing experience.
Shannon worked eight years for the Mississippi State Department of Health as a special projects officer, handling mass media relations and public health marketing projects. Most recently, she served as the communications and public relations manager for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility