Shannon named director
Volunteer Oxford, the Lafayette Oxford University’s new volunteer center, has named Kelly Shannon as the inaugural director. Shannon was named director after moving from Jackson to Oxford earlier this year.
Raised in Hazlehurst, she graduated from Mississippi College in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and has over 12 years of public relations and marketing experience.
Shannon worked eight years for the Mississippi State Department of Health as a special projects officer, handling mass media relations and public health marketing projects. Most recently, she served as the communications and public relations manager for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal