Shannon named director
Volunteer Oxford, the Lafayette Oxford University’s new volunteer center, has named Kelly Shannon as the inaugural director. Shannon was named director after moving from Jackson to Oxford earlier this year.
Raised in Hazlehurst, she graduated from Mississippi College in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and has over 12 years of public relations and marketing experience.
Shannon worked eight years for the Mississippi State Department of Health as a special projects officer, handling mass media relations and public health marketing projects. Most recently, she served as the communications and public relations manager for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- Hood joins other AGs in efforts to curb copper theft
- Entergy gives $500K grant to The Nature Conservancy