Shannon named director
Volunteer Oxford, the Lafayette Oxford University’s new volunteer center, has named Kelly Shannon as the inaugural director. Shannon was named director after moving from Jackson to Oxford earlier this year.
Raised in Hazlehurst, she graduated from Mississippi College in 1998 with a bachelor’s degree in communications and has over 12 years of public relations and marketing experience.
Shannon worked eight years for the Mississippi State Department of Health as a special projects officer, handling mass media relations and public health marketing projects. Most recently, she served as the communications and public relations manager for the Jackson Convention & Visitors Bureau.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- UM Chancellor Jones: Lymphoma treatment going well
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- BILL CRAWFORD: Bryant’s tax cut won’t stop spending growth