UMMC recruits Barr
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
Dr. Jennifer Barr, a bone cancer specialist, has joined the medical faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. As the sole provider of orthopedic oncology for children and adults in Mississippi, Barr will contribute vital expertise to the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.
Barr treats bone and soft-tissue tumors, and said she returned to Mississippi because she felt she could make a difference in the state.
A magna cum laude graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La., Barr earned the M.D. at Louisiana State University’s School of Medicine in 2005. She concluded her residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and later completed an AO trauma fellowship in Chur, Switzerland, in 2009. Barr fulfilled an additional fellowship in orthopedic oncology at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Source: Bryant has offered Glenn McCullough MDA job
- College Board names Glenn Boyce as higher education chief
- TRANSITION AT THE MDA — Is Mississippi better off than it was 3 years ago?
- (WITH VIDEO) Funding secured for Capitol Art Lofts in downtown Jackson
- Deepwater Horizon Five Years Later — Restoring the Mississippi coast starts with a strong foundation
- PHIL HARDWICK: The third grade reading gate, book buddies and school principals
- Chancery Court’s interpretation of ‘public use’ will guide ruling on Westin money
- COMMERCIAL FINANCE 701: Loans disguised as government bonds (BOANs)
- THE SPIN CYCLE — Key results from Pew’s social media survey