UMMC recruits Barr
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
Dr. Jennifer Barr, a bone cancer specialist, has joined the medical faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. As the sole provider of orthopedic oncology for children and adults in Mississippi, Barr will contribute vital expertise to the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.
Barr treats bone and soft-tissue tumors, and said she returned to Mississippi because she felt she could make a difference in the state.
A magna cum laude graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La., Barr earned the M.D. at Louisiana State University’s School of Medicine in 2005. She concluded her residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and later completed an AO trauma fellowship in Chur, Switzerland, in 2009. Barr fulfilled an additional fellowship in orthopedic oncology at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Eye clinic operator faces Medicaid fraud charges
- Mega-load move could cause traffic issues
- New boutique hotel to replace Oxford’s Downtown Inn
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Coast city to repay BP grant funding for Ocean Expo
- New owners plan cautious change for Highland Village
- Judge to weigh Hood's credit card issuer lawsuit
- Blue Origin successfully tests BE-3 rocket engine
- M&F branches to close as Renasant wraps up merger
- Allain to lie in repose at Capital Friday; funeral Saturday in Natchez