UMMC recruits Barr
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
Dr. Jennifer Barr, a bone cancer specialist, has joined the medical faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. As the sole provider of orthopedic oncology for children and adults in Mississippi, Barr will contribute vital expertise to the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.
Barr treats bone and soft-tissue tumors, and said she returned to Mississippi because she felt she could make a difference in the state.
A magna cum laude graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La., Barr earned the M.D. at Louisiana State University’s School of Medicine in 2005. She concluded her residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and later completed an AO trauma fellowship in Chur, Switzerland, in 2009. Barr fulfilled an additional fellowship in orthopedic oncology at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP
- Ex-baliff wants pay or her job back after termination
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015