UMMC recruits Barr
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
Dr. Jennifer Barr, a bone cancer specialist, has joined the medical faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. As the sole provider of orthopedic oncology for children and adults in Mississippi, Barr will contribute vital expertise to the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.
Barr treats bone and soft-tissue tumors, and said she returned to Mississippi because she felt she could make a difference in the state.
A magna cum laude graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La., Barr earned the M.D. at Louisiana State University’s School of Medicine in 2005. She concluded her residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and later completed an AO trauma fellowship in Chur, Switzerland, in 2009. Barr fulfilled an additional fellowship in orthopedic oncology at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- George Flaggs regrets repayment flaw in lending law
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win
- Chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto are dotting every ‘i’ and crossing every ‘t’ in the development of Seafood R’evolution, which is set to open in November
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- PEDIGREE dog food recalled; might contain metal fragments