UMMC recruits Barr
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
Dr. Jennifer Barr, a bone cancer specialist, has joined the medical faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. As the sole provider of orthopedic oncology for children and adults in Mississippi, Barr will contribute vital expertise to the Department of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation.
Barr treats bone and soft-tissue tumors, and said she returned to Mississippi because she felt she could make a difference in the state.
A magna cum laude graduate of McNeese State University in Lake Charles, La., Barr earned the M.D. at Louisiana State University’s School of Medicine in 2005. She concluded her residency training in orthopedic surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and later completed an AO trauma fellowship in Chur, Switzerland, in 2009. Barr fulfilled an additional fellowship in orthopedic oncology at the University of Washington Medical Center in Seattle in 2011.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment