Valliant earns certification
A former fitness center manager who spent several years counseling heart patients about proper nutrition, Melinda Valliant has earned her board certification as a specialist in sports dietetics, making her the second person in Mississippi with this certification. Valliant, a University of Mississippi assistant professor of nutrition and hospitality management, is director of the coordinated program in dietetics for the NHM department. She also has consulted with the Ole Miss athletics department for many years.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- State of Louisiana mulling plan for Amtrak route