Welch named to chair
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 2,2011
W. Scott Welch of Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell & Berkowitz, PC, has been named Mississippi’s state chair for the Fellow of the American Bar Foundation. During his three-year term in this role, Welch will be responsible for leading the Mississippi Fellows group, representing the Mississippi Fellows at the American Bar Association annual and midyear meetings, organizing local events, and submitting and approving nominations as vacancies occur.
A shareholder in the firm’s Jackson office, Welch concentrates his practice in civil litigation with an emphasis on business tort and other complex commercial cases, transportation, product liability, personal injury and insurance litigation. Welch has been recognized by The Best Lawyers in America in the practice areas of personal injury litigation, commercial litigation, product liability litigation and transportation litigation; by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers; and by Mid-South Super Lawyers, where he was listed among the top 50 attorneys in the state of Mississippi. In 2011, Welch was named the Best Lawyers’ Jackson, Mississippi Personal Injury Litigator of the Year. Welch is a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America and has been named a Lawdragon 500 leading lawyer since 2006.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Palmertree blocked from using public funds for legal defense
- Two companies fined for violations of 'No-Call' law
- Report: Mississippi only state to see drop in home prices
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- John Ferrucci'a perfect voice is perfect for the Silver Slipper Casino
- City suing Hercules for pollution at shuttered plant site
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Ex-Democrat Taylor cleared to run in primary as Republican
- Rankin chosen as new president of Alcorn State