Who will be successor for longest-term regulator ever?
by Ted Carter
Published: October 2,2011
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour or his successor have the option of going into the financial services regulatory realm or into the banking sector itself to replace the retired John Allison as banking commissioner.
Allison says the load of regulatory changes facing the financial sector has led state banking supervision offices across the nation to fill their top ranks with seasoned regulators. The learning curve is too high and the pace of change…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- Ikea confirms plan for Memphis store
- McCrory joins Epps in asking for trial delay
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Former Lane Furniture plant sold for $1.45 million
- OUR VIEW: JRA evolving toward transparency? Maybe, maybe not
- Jon-Paul Croom made CEO