Who will be successor for longest-term regulator ever?
by Ted Carter
Published: October 2,2011
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour or his successor have the option of going into the financial services regulatory realm or into the banking sector itself to replace the retired John Allison as banking commissioner.
Allison says the load of regulatory changes facing the financial sector has led state banking supervision offices across the nation to fill their top ranks with seasoned regulators. The learning curve is too high and the pace of change…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money