Who will be successor for longest-term regulator ever?
by Ted Carter
Published: October 2,2011
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour or his successor have the option of going into the financial services regulatory realm or into the banking sector itself to replace the retired John Allison as banking commissioner.
Allison says the load of regulatory changes facing the financial sector has led state banking supervision offices across the nation to fill their top ranks with seasoned regulators. The learning curve is too high and the pace of change…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Nullification and interposition
- TROTTER: Social security claiming strategies
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Small business owners take picture perfect advantages with Instagram
- Court rules in clinic dispute involving St. Dominic, HMA
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta