Who will be successor for longest-term regulator ever?
by Ted Carter
Published: October 2,2011
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour or his successor have the option of going into the financial services regulatory realm or into the banking sector itself to replace the retired John Allison as banking commissioner.
Allison says the load of regulatory changes facing the financial sector has led state banking supervision offices across the nation to fill their top ranks with seasoned regulators. The learning curve is too high and the pace of change…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- MBJ Business Woman of the Year Top 10
- (UPDATED — BREAKING NEWS) American Specialty Alloys won’t locate $1.2B mill in Mississippi
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- PHIL HARDWICK: When Bill Cooley talks, people listen