Who will be successor for longest-term regulator ever?
by Ted Carter
Published: October 2,2011
Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour or his successor have the option of going into the financial services regulatory realm or into the banking sector itself to replace the retired John Allison as banking commissioner.
Allison says the load of regulatory changes facing the financial sector has led state banking supervision offices across the nation to fill their top ranks with seasoned regulators. The learning curve is too high and the pace of change…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency