Hospital to break ground for final expansion phase
Published: October 3,2011
FAYETTE — A groundbreaking ceremony for the expansion of Jefferson County Hospital is scheduled for Wednesday in Fayette.
Hospital CEO Jerry Kennedy tells the Natchez Democrat the expansion is the last phase of renovations that began five or six years ago.
Kennedy says the expansion will include a new emergency room, X-ray and diagnostics lab, a new dietary department, a wellness and fitness center and 20 additional beds.
Kennedy says the hospital will be getting 15-20 new staff members when the expansion is complete in November 2012.
Kennedy says the $6 million for the expansion is part of money the hospital has been saving for nearly a decade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force