Hospital to break ground for final expansion phase
by Associated Press
Published: October 3,2011
FAYETTE — A groundbreaking ceremony for the expansion of Jefferson County Hospital is scheduled for Wednesday in Fayette.
Hospital CEO Jerry Kennedy tells the Natchez Democrat the expansion is the last phase of renovations that began five or six years ago.
Kennedy says the expansion will include a new emergency room, X-ray and diagnostics lab, a new dietary department, a wellness and fitness center and 20 additional beds.
Kennedy says the hospital will be getting 15-20 new staff members when the expansion is complete in November 2012.
Kennedy says the $6 million for the expansion is part of money the hospital has been saving for nearly a decade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas