Hospital to break ground for final expansion phase
Published: October 3,2011
FAYETTE — A groundbreaking ceremony for the expansion of Jefferson County Hospital is scheduled for Wednesday in Fayette.
Hospital CEO Jerry Kennedy tells the Natchez Democrat the expansion is the last phase of renovations that began five or six years ago.
Kennedy says the expansion will include a new emergency room, X-ray and diagnostics lab, a new dietary department, a wellness and fitness center and 20 additional beds.
Kennedy says the hospital will be getting 15-20 new staff members when the expansion is complete in November 2012.
Kennedy says the $6 million for the expansion is part of money the hospital has been saving for nearly a decade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Locker doors opening for Clinton inventor after ‘Shark Tank’
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry