Hospital to break ground for final expansion phase
Published: October 3,2011
FAYETTE — A groundbreaking ceremony for the expansion of Jefferson County Hospital is scheduled for Wednesday in Fayette.
Hospital CEO Jerry Kennedy tells the Natchez Democrat the expansion is the last phase of renovations that began five or six years ago.
Kennedy says the expansion will include a new emergency room, X-ray and diagnostics lab, a new dietary department, a wellness and fitness center and 20 additional beds.
Kennedy says the hospital will be getting 15-20 new staff members when the expansion is complete in November 2012.
Kennedy says the $6 million for the expansion is part of money the hospital has been saving for nearly a decade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi