Hospital to break ground for final expansion phase
Published: October 3,2011
FAYETTE — A groundbreaking ceremony for the expansion of Jefferson County Hospital is scheduled for Wednesday in Fayette.
Hospital CEO Jerry Kennedy tells the Natchez Democrat the expansion is the last phase of renovations that began five or six years ago.
Kennedy says the expansion will include a new emergency room, X-ray and diagnostics lab, a new dietary department, a wellness and fitness center and 20 additional beds.
Kennedy says the hospital will be getting 15-20 new staff members when the expansion is complete in November 2012.
Kennedy says the $6 million for the expansion is part of money the hospital has been saving for nearly a decade.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K
- MSU sets new annual fundraising record of $106M-plus