MEC to unveil Blueprint Mississippi 2011
Published: October 3,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Economic Council will release the results of its update of Mississippi’s economic development strategy Oct. 13.
MEC President Blake Wilson says meetings are scheduled for Jackson, Tupelo and Biloxi to release Blueprint Mississippi 2011.
Wilson says input from business and community leaders throughout Mississippi was collected during a series of meetings held over the spring and summer.
Wilson says Blueprint 2011 will provide a compass of sorts for the new leadership that will be place for Mississippi as 2012 arrives.
Organized by the MEC, the Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development and Momentum Mississippi, Blueprint 2011 is a privately funded $1.25 million update of the blueprint presented to Gov. Haley Barbour at the start of his first term in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals