MEC to unveil Blueprint Mississippi 2011
by Associated Press
Published: October 3,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Economic Council will release the results of its update of Mississippi’s economic development strategy Oct. 13.
MEC President Blake Wilson says meetings are scheduled for Jackson, Tupelo and Biloxi to release Blueprint Mississippi 2011.
Wilson says input from business and community leaders throughout Mississippi was collected during a series of meetings held over the spring and summer.
Wilson says Blueprint 2011 will provide a compass of sorts for the new leadership that will be place for Mississippi as 2012 arrives.
Organized by the MEC, the Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development and Momentum Mississippi, Blueprint 2011 is a privately funded $1.25 million update of the blueprint presented to Gov. Haley Barbour at the start of his first term in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- The First acquiring Alabama bank in cash/stock deal
- Todd Smith's Spin Cycle — Not milk! It’s end of era for milk industry’s iconic ‘Got Milk?’ campaign
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- District at Eastover takes shape with financing in place, tenant signings under way
- MBJ's Businesswoman of the Year never expected her career to take this path
- Mississippi ag aviation plays a critical role in production and profitability