MEC to unveil Blueprint Mississippi 2011
Published: October 3,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Economic Council will release the results of its update of Mississippi’s economic development strategy Oct. 13.
MEC President Blake Wilson says meetings are scheduled for Jackson, Tupelo and Biloxi to release Blueprint Mississippi 2011.
Wilson says input from business and community leaders throughout Mississippi was collected during a series of meetings held over the spring and summer.
Wilson says Blueprint 2011 will provide a compass of sorts for the new leadership that will be place for Mississippi as 2012 arrives.
Organized by the MEC, the Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development and Momentum Mississippi, Blueprint 2011 is a privately funded $1.25 million update of the blueprint presented to Gov. Haley Barbour at the start of his first term in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015