MEC to unveil Blueprint Mississippi 2011
Published: October 3,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Economic Council will release the results of its update of Mississippi’s economic development strategy Oct. 13.
MEC President Blake Wilson says meetings are scheduled for Jackson, Tupelo and Biloxi to release Blueprint Mississippi 2011.
Wilson says input from business and community leaders throughout Mississippi was collected during a series of meetings held over the spring and summer.
Wilson says Blueprint 2011 will provide a compass of sorts for the new leadership that will be place for Mississippi as 2012 arrives.
Organized by the MEC, the Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development and Momentum Mississippi, Blueprint 2011 is a privately funded $1.25 million update of the blueprint presented to Gov. Haley Barbour at the start of his first term in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- Mississippi judge dismisses lawsuit seeking to overturn Sen. Cochran's GOP primary win