MEC to unveil Blueprint Mississippi 2011
by Associated Press
Published: October 3,2011
JACKSON — The Mississippi Economic Council will release the results of its update of Mississippi’s economic development strategy Oct. 13.
MEC President Blake Wilson says meetings are scheduled for Jackson, Tupelo and Biloxi to release Blueprint Mississippi 2011.
Wilson says input from business and community leaders throughout Mississippi was collected during a series of meetings held over the spring and summer.
Wilson says Blueprint 2011 will provide a compass of sorts for the new leadership that will be place for Mississippi as 2012 arrives.
Organized by the MEC, the Mississippi Partnership for Economic Development and Momentum Mississippi, Blueprint 2011 is a privately funded $1.25 million update of the blueprint presented to Gov. Haley Barbour at the start of his first term in 2004.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center