Boyd takes over management of IP Casino
Published: October 4,2011
BILOXI — The IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi is now open under new management.
Boyd Gaming officially took over the property today.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission ordered the doors shut at midnight Monday so an audit could take place before the property officially changed hands.
Boyd Gaming of Las Vegas struck a deal in June to buy the IP for $278 million.
Boyd has said it will invest $44 million in the property. Officials say the work is expected to begin this month. The casino will not close.
New general manager Jack Bernsmeier, an Iowa native, has worked for Boyd Gaming for 17 years, most recently as director of operations for the three Boyd Gaming properties in Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi