Boyd takes over management of IP Casino
Published: October 4,2011
BILOXI — The IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi is now open under new management.
Boyd Gaming officially took over the property today.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission ordered the doors shut at midnight Monday so an audit could take place before the property officially changed hands.
Boyd Gaming of Las Vegas struck a deal in June to buy the IP for $278 million.
Boyd has said it will invest $44 million in the property. Officials say the work is expected to begin this month. The casino will not close.
New general manager Jack Bernsmeier, an Iowa native, has worked for Boyd Gaming for 17 years, most recently as director of operations for the three Boyd Gaming properties in Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Jackson to get C Spire's high-speed internet
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force
- New York firm buying majority interest in Tupelo mall, shopping center