Boyd takes over management of IP Casino
Published: October 4,2011
BILOXI — The IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi is now open under new management.
Boyd Gaming officially took over the property today.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission ordered the doors shut at midnight Monday so an audit could take place before the property officially changed hands.
Boyd Gaming of Las Vegas struck a deal in June to buy the IP for $278 million.
Boyd has said it will invest $44 million in the property. Officials say the work is expected to begin this month. The casino will not close.
New general manager Jack Bernsmeier, an Iowa native, has worked for Boyd Gaming for 17 years, most recently as director of operations for the three Boyd Gaming properties in Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager