Boyd takes over management of IP Casino
Published: October 4,2011
BILOXI — The IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi is now open under new management.
Boyd Gaming officially took over the property today.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission ordered the doors shut at midnight Monday so an audit could take place before the property officially changed hands.
Boyd Gaming of Las Vegas struck a deal in June to buy the IP for $278 million.
Boyd has said it will invest $44 million in the property. Officials say the work is expected to begin this month. The casino will not close.
New general manager Jack Bernsmeier, an Iowa native, has worked for Boyd Gaming for 17 years, most recently as director of operations for the three Boyd Gaming properties in Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Bill would use casino taxes for bridges, little for tourism
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'