Boyd takes over management of IP Casino
Published: October 4,2011
BILOXI — The IP Casino Resort and Spa in Biloxi is now open under new management.
Boyd Gaming officially took over the property today.
The Mississippi Gaming Commission ordered the doors shut at midnight Monday so an audit could take place before the property officially changed hands.
Boyd Gaming of Las Vegas struck a deal in June to buy the IP for $278 million.
Boyd has said it will invest $44 million in the property. Officials say the work is expected to begin this month. The casino will not close.
New general manager Jack Bernsmeier, an Iowa native, has worked for Boyd Gaming for 17 years, most recently as director of operations for the three Boyd Gaming properties in Louisiana.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Judge gets more time to fight efforts to remove him from office
- Voters to decide whether hunting, fishing is constitutional right
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Andrew Adams helps grow Addicus
- Coast cleanup nets 1,600 bags of trash — and a watermelon patch
- State's bad bridges continue to raise concerns among officials
- Number of visitors to Natchez Trace makes big jump
- MISSISSIPPI RISING: Time to sell the image
- Epidemiologist: State's hospitals can identify, isolate Ebola cases
- C Spire wins national award, cash prize for marketing analytics