HMA to build $132M hospital on Coast
BILOXI — A $132-million medical center will be built just off Interstate 10 in North Biloxi, adjacent to the Cedar Lake Medical Plaza and the new Santa Maria del Mar senior housing complex.
The Sun Herald reports the announcement was made yesterday at the 35-acre site.
Joe D. Pinion, division four president of Health Management Associates, said the 144-bed hospital will have the best location and access in Biloxi. HMA operates Biloxi Regional and nine other hospitals in the state.
The company closed Gulf Coast Medical Center in Biloxi in January 2008. It was damaged by Hurricane Katrina and HMA said the hospital would reopen in North Biloxi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Hunting deer? There's an app for that