HMA to build $132M hospital on Coast
BILOXI — A $132-million medical center will be built just off Interstate 10 in North Biloxi, adjacent to the Cedar Lake Medical Plaza and the new Santa Maria del Mar senior housing complex.
The Sun Herald reports the announcement was made yesterday at the 35-acre site.
Joe D. Pinion, division four president of Health Management Associates, said the 144-bed hospital will have the best location and access in Biloxi. HMA operates Biloxi Regional and nine other hospitals in the state.
The company closed Gulf Coast Medical Center in Biloxi in January 2008. It was damaged by Hurricane Katrina and HMA said the hospital would reopen in North Biloxi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Family launches Billups Coffee with headquarters in Oxford
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip
- ‘Just the beginning’ — Venture Technologies merging, acquiring companies
- Man indicted, accused of bankruptcy fraud
- Running luxury car dealerships, like Mercedes of Jackson, comes naturally to Trudy Higginbotham Moody
- Grenada native Donna Tartt wins Pulitzer Prize for 'The Goldfinch'
- TODD SMITH — Taco Bell and McDonalds take breakfast war viral; how to write killer news releases and more
- Chaney drops lawsuit against National Flood Insurance Program
- Fight between county, insurer over courthouse fire continues
- Judge to rule on release of Kemper power plant data