HMA to build $132M hospital on Coast
BILOXI — A $132-million medical center will be built just off Interstate 10 in North Biloxi, adjacent to the Cedar Lake Medical Plaza and the new Santa Maria del Mar senior housing complex.
The Sun Herald reports the announcement was made yesterday at the 35-acre site.
Joe D. Pinion, division four president of Health Management Associates, said the 144-bed hospital will have the best location and access in Biloxi. HMA operates Biloxi Regional and nine other hospitals in the state.
The company closed Gulf Coast Medical Center in Biloxi in January 2008. It was damaged by Hurricane Katrina and HMA said the hospital would reopen in North Biloxi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- JRA plans image makeover, hires crisis manager