Coast city fires manager; no reason given
Published: October 6,2011
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has fired City Manager Sidney Runnels.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry would not give a reason for Runnels’ dismissal. The action came during a closed-door meeting of the council Tuesday.
Fortenberry says the city will begin its search for a new manager immediately.
He says city attorney Robert Ramsey will take over Runnels’ job in the interim.
Runnels accepted the city manager job on July 23, 2008, and started on Aug. 6, 2008. Runnels had been a city manager at Grenada, economic development director of West Memphis, Ark., and mayor of Canton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Regions must pay $7.5 million in fines over illegal overdraft fees
- Mississippian Glenn McCullough Jr. gets nod as new MDA chief
- Bradley Arant Boult Cummings attorney Alan Perry takes office as IHL board president
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Top 40 Under 40
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Top 40 Under 40 Nomination Form
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love