Coast city fires manager; no reason given
by Associated Press
Published: October 6,2011
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has fired City Manager Sidney Runnels.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry would not give a reason for Runnels’ dismissal. The action came during a closed-door meeting of the council Tuesday.
Fortenberry says the city will begin its search for a new manager immediately.
He says city attorney Robert Ramsey will take over Runnels’ job in the interim.
Runnels accepted the city manager job on July 23, 2008, and started on Aug. 6, 2008. Runnels had been a city manager at Grenada, economic development director of West Memphis, Ark., and mayor of Canton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center