Coast city fires manager; no reason given
by Associated Press
Published: October 6,2011
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has fired City Manager Sidney Runnels.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry would not give a reason for Runnels’ dismissal. The action came during a closed-door meeting of the council Tuesday.
Fortenberry says the city will begin its search for a new manager immediately.
He says city attorney Robert Ramsey will take over Runnels’ job in the interim.
Runnels accepted the city manager job on July 23, 2008, and started on Aug. 6, 2008. Runnels had been a city manager at Grenada, economic development director of West Memphis, Ark., and mayor of Canton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years