Coast city fires manager; no reason given
Published: October 6,2011
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has fired City Manager Sidney Runnels.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry would not give a reason for Runnels’ dismissal. The action came during a closed-door meeting of the council Tuesday.
Fortenberry says the city will begin its search for a new manager immediately.
He says city attorney Robert Ramsey will take over Runnels’ job in the interim.
Runnels accepted the city manager job on July 23, 2008, and started on Aug. 6, 2008. Runnels had been a city manager at Grenada, economic development director of West Memphis, Ark., and mayor of Canton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- UPDATED: Jackson agrees to repay HUD $1.5 million for Farish Street blunders
- Gov. Bryant intervening in same-sex couple's divorce
- Vicksburg mayor marries during lunch break
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner
- School superintendent says he never intended to hire wife's uncle, but recommended him
- Mississippi River mayors announce 'seed money' for waterfront developments
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point