Coast city fires manager; no reason given
Published: October 6,2011
GAUTIER — The Gautier City Council has fired City Manager Sidney Runnels.
Mayor Tommy Fortenberry would not give a reason for Runnels’ dismissal. The action came during a closed-door meeting of the council Tuesday.
Fortenberry says the city will begin its search for a new manager immediately.
He says city attorney Robert Ramsey will take over Runnels’ job in the interim.
Runnels accepted the city manager job on July 23, 2008, and started on Aug. 6, 2008. Runnels had been a city manager at Grenada, economic development director of West Memphis, Ark., and mayor of Canton.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Leadership in Law nomination form
- Ex-state employee gets jail time for embezzling from school
- MDOT study: State's airports generate $2.5B-plus in economic activity