Entergy Nuclear names new senior management team
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
JACKSON — Entergy Nuclear CEO John Herron has named senior officers to new positions. Initial changes began in August, and the transitions are expected to be complete by November.
Jeff Forbes, formerly senior vice president, COO for the five utility-owned nuclear energy plants, was named as senior vice president for nuclear operations for the Entergy Nuclear fleet comprised of 12 reactors at 10 sites.
Donna Jacobs, currently senior vice president for planning, development, oversight, has assumed a rotational assignment as site vice president at the Waterford 3 Steam Electric Station in Louisiana.
In addition, Kimberly Cook has been named as general manager of plant operations at Waterford 3.
Other key announcements include Tim Mitchell named as senior vice president and COO for Indian Point Energy Center in New York, Palisades Power Plant in Michigan and Cooper Nuclear Station in Nebraska. Cooper is owned by the Nebraska Public Power District and Entergy Nuclear provides management services to the plant.
Mike Balduzzi was named as the senior vice president, technical services. This role combines operations support, business development and nuclear security with the role’s traditional responsibilities for engineering, project management, MP&C and emergency planning and licensing.
Kevin Bronson has been named senior vice president and COO for James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant in New York, Pilgrim Power Station in Massachusetts and Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station.
Joe Kowalewski was named senior vice president and COO for the five Entergy rate-regulated plants in the southern U.S., and Steve Bethay was named as oversight vice president.
This is the first reorganization of the senior leadership since Herron was named president, CEO and chief nuclear officer for Entergy Nuclear in November 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Venture Tech merges with ISC, acquires SAT
- PSC's Brandon Presley calls in-state nuclear waste dump a 'harebrained scheme'
- Georgia-Pacific completes acquisition of SPG Holdings
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Retired judge to hear McDaniel's challenge of primary loss to Cochran
- Southern Bancorp to acquire Bank of Bolivar County
- Community Bank names new officers
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams