Entergy Nuclear names new senior management team
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
JACKSON — Entergy Nuclear CEO John Herron has named senior officers to new positions. Initial changes began in August, and the transitions are expected to be complete by November.
Jeff Forbes, formerly senior vice president, COO for the five utility-owned nuclear energy plants, was named as senior vice president for nuclear operations for the Entergy Nuclear fleet comprised of 12 reactors at 10 sites.
Donna Jacobs, currently senior vice president for planning, development, oversight, has assumed a rotational assignment as site vice president at the Waterford 3 Steam Electric Station in Louisiana.
In addition, Kimberly Cook has been named as general manager of plant operations at Waterford 3.
Other key announcements include Tim Mitchell named as senior vice president and COO for Indian Point Energy Center in New York, Palisades Power Plant in Michigan and Cooper Nuclear Station in Nebraska. Cooper is owned by the Nebraska Public Power District and Entergy Nuclear provides management services to the plant.
Mike Balduzzi was named as the senior vice president, technical services. This role combines operations support, business development and nuclear security with the role’s traditional responsibilities for engineering, project management, MP&C and emergency planning and licensing.
Kevin Bronson has been named senior vice president and COO for James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant in New York, Pilgrim Power Station in Massachusetts and Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station.
Joe Kowalewski was named senior vice president and COO for the five Entergy rate-regulated plants in the southern U.S., and Steve Bethay was named as oversight vice president.
This is the first reorganization of the senior leadership since Herron was named president, CEO and chief nuclear officer for Entergy Nuclear in November 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Congressional delegation applauds Air Force's decision on Keesler, but not satisfied
- (UPDATED) Making Jackson-Evers affordable to Allegiant is key to regaining Orlando service
- County rescinds gun ban; sheriff says lawmakers may 'deal with the consequences'
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Report: Mississippi sees biggest hike in home insurance premiums in U.S.
- Great River Industries moving headquarters to Natchez
- Giles Ward will not seek reelection to Senate
- Businessman involved in Frankel insurance scam dies at 81
- Commission to decide if emergency should be declared in Delta school system
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible