Sanderson registers with SEC, but does not plan to offer shares
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. has filed a Form S-3 shelf Registration Statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to register for possible future sale shares of the company’s common and/or preferred stock at an aggregate offering price not to exceed $1 billion.
The stock may be offered by the poultry company in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined by the board of directors if and when shares are issued.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “Our purpose with this filing is to renew the Registration Statement previously filed with the SEC on Oct. 9, 2008, which is set to expire. We have no current agreements, plans or discussions to offer any of the registered shares for sale. Our purpose does not include raising cash solely for liquidity, as the company’s financial position remains strong.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Union-restricting legislation moves forward
- Boyd Gaming reports drop in in-state net revenue