Sanderson registers with SEC, but does not plan to offer shares
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. has filed a Form S-3 shelf Registration Statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to register for possible future sale shares of the company’s common and/or preferred stock at an aggregate offering price not to exceed $1 billion.
The stock may be offered by the poultry company in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined by the board of directors if and when shares are issued.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “Our purpose with this filing is to renew the Registration Statement previously filed with the SEC on Oct. 9, 2008, which is set to expire. We have no current agreements, plans or discussions to offer any of the registered shares for sale. Our purpose does not include raising cash solely for liquidity, as the company’s financial position remains strong.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015