Sanderson registers with SEC, but does not plan to offer shares
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. has filed a Form S-3 shelf Registration Statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to register for possible future sale shares of the company’s common and/or preferred stock at an aggregate offering price not to exceed $1 billion.
The stock may be offered by the poultry company in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined by the board of directors if and when shares are issued.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “Our purpose with this filing is to renew the Registration Statement previously filed with the SEC on Oct. 9, 2008, which is set to expire. We have no current agreements, plans or discussions to offer any of the registered shares for sale. Our purpose does not include raising cash solely for liquidity, as the company’s financial position remains strong.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Scientists seeing more invasive trapjaw ants on Coast
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Trop Greenville ahead of schedule on significant expansion
- Judge rules for Fish and Wildlife Service in frog habitat case
- Diamondhead Casino Corporation wins site approval