Sanderson registers with SEC, but does not plan to offer shares
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. has filed a Form S-3 shelf Registration Statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to register for possible future sale shares of the company’s common and/or preferred stock at an aggregate offering price not to exceed $1 billion.
The stock may be offered by the poultry company in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined by the board of directors if and when shares are issued.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “Our purpose with this filing is to renew the Registration Statement previously filed with the SEC on Oct. 9, 2008, which is set to expire. We have no current agreements, plans or discussions to offer any of the registered shares for sale. Our purpose does not include raising cash solely for liquidity, as the company’s financial position remains strong.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Doctor's murder-for-hire case postponed, mental evaluation pending
- ACLU could sue over state's new school prayer law
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Hatchery releases largemouth bass fingerlings in three rivers
- Bill exempting small farms from fuel storage regs passes Senate
- Mayor wants 'trial run' of hotel/restaurant tax next month