Sanderson registers with SEC, but does not plan to offer shares
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 6,2011
LAUREL — Sanderson Farms Inc. has filed a Form S-3 shelf Registration Statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to register for possible future sale shares of the company’s common and/or preferred stock at an aggregate offering price not to exceed $1 billion.
The stock may be offered by the poultry company in amounts, at prices and on terms to be determined by the board of directors if and when shares are issued.
Joe F. Sanderson Jr., chairman and CEO of Sanderson Farms, said, “Our purpose with this filing is to renew the Registration Statement previously filed with the SEC on Oct. 9, 2008, which is set to expire. We have no current agreements, plans or discussions to offer any of the registered shares for sale. Our purpose does not include raising cash solely for liquidity, as the company’s financial position remains strong.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Turner Grain’s transition will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field