Hancock Bank buys anti-money laundering solution
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 7,2011
GULFPORT — Hancock Bank is implementing NICE Actimize’s anti-money laundering, fraud prevention and enterprise risk case management solutions. The bank decided upon a single-vendor selection to “future proof” its technology roadmap during a period of rapid growth for the bank.
Hancock Bank’s deployment of NICE Actimize’s solutions will address online ACH (Automated Clearing House) and wire fraud issues, working to stop losses before they occur. The firm’s anti-money laundering solutions will also support customer onboarding and provide sanctions screening and suspicious activity monitoring for the bank. A cross-channel approach to fighting financial crime is becoming increasingly more common for mid-tier financial institutions as they move toward developing consolidated financial crime strategies to decrease costs and improve effectiveness.
“It was key for us to select a vendor who would enable us to future proof our technology roadmap,” said Jeff Theiler, senior risk officer, Hancock Bank. “We are confident in NICE Actimize’s demonstrated market leadership and proven ability to implement its solutions quickly and effectively to address our immediate needs, which include the operational integration of our recent Whitney acquisition, as well as support our anticipated rapid growth. These factors were critical in our decision to standardize on NICE Actimize’s financial crime platform and solutions.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years