Polymer Institute-MEP.ms partnership touts results
HATTIESBURG and JACKSON — According to the Mississippi Polymer Institute and the Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi (MEP.ms), their new partnership is already paying dividends for manufacturing companies in this state.
MEP.ms announced recently that during the fourth quarter of 2010 and the first quarter of 2011, the Mississippi Polymer Institute provided technical assistance to five Mississippi-based manufacturing companies yielding $1.6 million in direct financial impact.
Additionally, 10 new jobs were created as a result of the successful completion of these projects.
“We are very happy that the Mississippi Polymer Institute has joined the Manufacturing Extension Partnership of Mississippi as the MEP.ms center at USM-MPI,” said Dr. Jay Tice, director of MEP.ms. “We congratulate them for achieving this tremendous impact to Mississippi manufacturers through the great work MPI does.”
The Mississippi Polymer Institute serves as the industrial outreach entity for the University of Southern Mississippi’s School of Polymers and High Performance Materials.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- Former Godwin CEO Danny Mitchell dies at 66
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Northrop Grumman lands $354M Air Force contract for Global Hawks
- Gov. Bryant sets special election date for Senate District 17
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- City trying to determine who has authority to spend gaming money
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference