Calisolar lays off 80 California polysilicon solar cell workers
Published: October 9,2011
Calisolar, which said in early September that it will build a plant in Lowndes County, Miss., recently announced it’s firing 80 workers from its polysilicon solar cell manufacturing plant in Sunnyvale, Calif.
The solar start-up company, which was founded in 2006, has more than…
— Cnet News Green Tech blog and Bloomberg contributed to this report.
Related story: Technology will determine Miss. solar companies’ future
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years