Calisolar lays off 80 California polysilicon solar cell workers
Published: October 9,2011
Calisolar, which said in early September that it will build a plant in Lowndes County, Miss., recently announced it’s firing 80 workers from its polysilicon solar cell manufacturing plant in Sunnyvale, Calif.
The solar start-up company, which was founded in 2006, has more than…
— Cnet News Green Tech blog and Bloomberg contributed to this report.
Related story: Technology will determine Miss. solar companies’ future
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Hunting-weapons legislation passes House
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years