DSU adds faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
The Division of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems, and Finance in Delta State University’s College of Business welcomed two new faculty members this fall – Dr. Michael Amspaugh and Don Boudreaux. Originally from Columbus, Ohio, Amspaugh joins Delta State as an assistant professor in accountancy. Amspaugh earned his MBA from the University of Michigan in 1986 and earned his doctor of public administration from Western Michigan University in 2006.
Prior to arriving at Delta State he taught at Dickinson State University and Slippery Rock University.
Amspaugh is a certified public accountant, certified manager accountant, certified internal auditor and certified government financial manager. He worked as an auditor for the State of Michigan for 18 years and as a newspaper reporter for 14 years. Boudreaux joined Delta State as an instructor in accounting. Originally from Bayou Du Large, La., he earned his MBA from Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla., in 1999 and is currently ABD at Ole Miss.
Boudreaux spent 25 years managing oil and gas drilling operations in the Gulf of Mexico. He worked as a financial analyst for AT&T and a researcher for the Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He taught for four years at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, La. In addition to teaching he was an advisor for the accounting club and served as head of the Strategic Management Committee for departmental AACSB accreditation.
Boudreaux’s primary research interests are in the historical area of accounting, relationships among internal controls, restatement of financial statements, firm governance and ethics in organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Statue depicts famous duel that originated 'Bowie knife'