DSU adds faculty
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
The Division of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems, and Finance in Delta State University’s College of Business welcomed two new faculty members this fall – Dr. Michael Amspaugh and Don Boudreaux. Originally from Columbus, Ohio, Amspaugh joins Delta State as an assistant professor in accountancy. Amspaugh earned his MBA from the University of Michigan in 1986 and earned his doctor of public administration from Western Michigan University in 2006.
Prior to arriving at Delta State he taught at Dickinson State University and Slippery Rock University.
Amspaugh is a certified public accountant, certified manager accountant, certified internal auditor and certified government financial manager. He worked as an auditor for the State of Michigan for 18 years and as a newspaper reporter for 14 years. Boudreaux joined Delta State as an instructor in accounting. Originally from Bayou Du Large, La., he earned his MBA from Rollins College in Winter Park, Fla., in 1999 and is currently ABD at Ole Miss.
Boudreaux spent 25 years managing oil and gas drilling operations in the Gulf of Mexico. He worked as a financial analyst for AT&T and a researcher for the Institute of Certified Public Accountants. He taught for four years at Nicholls State University in Thibodaux, La. In addition to teaching he was an advisor for the accounting club and served as head of the Strategic Management Committee for departmental AACSB accreditation.
Boudreaux’s primary research interests are in the historical area of accounting, relationships among internal controls, restatement of financial statements, firm governance and ethics in organizations.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip