The drought in Texas has left pastures brown and cattlemen and horse owners in a hay-buying frenzy to feed their hungry animals.
Now, local horse owners are worried that there will not be enough hay to get through the upcoming winter.
Stephanie Billingsley of Mississippihorses.org said, “We are afraid…
Related story: Sod farmers shaken by economy, weather
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Board authorizes sale of company that owns Silver Slipper Casino
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”