The drought in Texas has left pastures brown and cattlemen and horse owners in a hay-buying frenzy to feed their hungry animals.
Now, local horse owners are worried that there will not be enough hay to get through the upcoming winter.
Stephanie Billingsley of Mississippihorses.org said, “We are afraid…
Related story: Sod farmers shaken by economy, weather
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions