The drought in Texas has left pastures brown and cattlemen and horse owners in a hay-buying frenzy to feed their hungry animals.
Now, local horse owners are worried that there will not be enough hay to get through the upcoming winter.
Stephanie Billingsley of Mississippihorses.org said, “We are afraid…
Related story: Sod farmers shaken by economy, weather
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations