Peoples names directors
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
The board of directors of Peoples Financial Corporation, parent of The Peoples Bank, has elected two directors to the board of the bank subsidiary. The two new directors are Wes Fulmer, executive vice president of The Peoples Bank and Peoples Financial Corporation, and A. Wynn Alexander, president of the Desoto companies engaged in forest and lumber products in Wiggins.
A native of Gulfport, Fulmer was named executive vice president of the bank and the parent company in 2006. He started his banking career with Gulf National Bank in Gulfport in 1985 after earning his bachelor’s degree in business administration with an emphasis in banking and finance and his master’s degree in business administration from Mississippi State University.
Fulmer is a graduate of the Mississippi School of Banking, Graduate School of Banking at LSU and the National Commercial Lending School. He has served as a trustee for the Mississippi School of Banking. He is presently serving as a director on Mississippi Banking Association board of directors.
He is the immediate past chairman of the Mississippi Gulf Coast Chamber of Commerce board and previously served as president of the Biloxi Chamber of Commerce. He was recognized as a director emeritus of the Biloxi Chamber.
Alexander was a founding member of the CPA firm Alexander Van Loon Sloan Levens & Favre, and was a partner with the firm until his retirement from accounting in 1997. He is currently president of Desoto Treated Materials Inc., Desoto Logging Inc. and Desoto Land and Timber Inc. in Wiggins.
A graduate of the University of Southern Mississippi with a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a certified public accountant, he is a member of the American Institute of CPAs and the Mississippi Society of CPAs.
Alexander was a founding member of the Foundation for Better Education in Stone County, an organization that has provided college scholarships to at least 15 high school seniors over a number of years. He served on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College Foundation Board.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss