Sod growers shaken by economy, weather
Published: October 9,2011
For the state’s sod growers, 2010 was a year to forget. Rocked by low demand due to the lack of new construction as well as adverse weather patterns, the industry saw many producers forced out of business, and those that survived struggled to remain a going concern.
Unfortunately, producers will hold no fond memories of 2011, either, and for the same reasons – no new construction and abysmal weather. In addition, market prices have softened significantly this year compared to 2010.
The attrition is starting to show.
“Our industry is tied to construction, and it is extremely …
Related story: Hay fever
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- 'Blue Economy' important for Mississippi's future
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project