Two added to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
Brenton Alexander and Samuel “Sam” H. Albritton Jr. have been appointed to serve on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees as Stone County representatives. Alexander is the CEO of Alexander Hardware and Supply in Wiggins. He and his wife, Kaylee, are Gulf Coast alumni. Alexander played on the tennis team while at the Perkinston Campus and was in the campus Hall of Fame. He graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi.
Albritton has owned the Albritton Agency, Accounting & Investments, in Gulfport since 1989. He attended the Baptist University of America and is a Life Underwriter Training Council Fellow. He is the former executive director of the Mississippi State Office of Public Safety Planning, former president and city council member for the City of Gulfport and former board member of Mississippi Business Finance Corporation. He currently serves as chair of the Stone County Chapter Stone County Republican Executive Committee.
Albritton and his wife, Lana, are active members of Big Level Baptist Church.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — State roots key to Edge Theory's Joe Stradinger
- ALAN TURNER — The ‘Internet of things’ is focus of Camgian's Gary Butler
- Cochran's attorneys argue for dismissal of McDaniel's lawsuit
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Federal charges dropped against Shumate after guilty plea
- Higher rates for Humana, lower for Magnolia ahead on health exchange