USM chooses Rasmussen
Linda Rasmussen will become the University of Southern Mississippi’s new director of human resources, effective Nov. 1. Rasmussen, who has spent the past 16 years as human resources director at Indiana University, emerged as Southern Miss’ top choice following a national search. She will oversee human resources at the main campus in Hattiesburg and all Gulf Coast campus sites.
Rasmussen will fill a vacancy at Southern Miss created when Russ Willis was appointed vice president of administrative affairs at the university earlier this summer.
A native of Denver, Colo., Rasmussen got her undergraduate degree in psychology from Metropolitan State College in Denver. She obtained a master’s degree in information systems from Indiana University. She has also earned national accreditation as a Certified Public Manager.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county
- Justice Department files complaint against tax preparer
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- Report: State's emergency care ranks highest in Southeast
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- MSU Foundation names five new members