USM chooses Rasmussen
Linda Rasmussen will become the University of Southern Mississippi’s new director of human resources, effective Nov. 1. Rasmussen, who has spent the past 16 years as human resources director at Indiana University, emerged as Southern Miss’ top choice following a national search. She will oversee human resources at the main campus in Hattiesburg and all Gulf Coast campus sites.
Rasmussen will fill a vacancy at Southern Miss created when Russ Willis was appointed vice president of administrative affairs at the university earlier this summer.
A native of Denver, Colo., Rasmussen got her undergraduate degree in psychology from Metropolitan State College in Denver. She obtained a master’s degree in information systems from Indiana University. She has also earned national accreditation as a Certified Public Manager.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on