USM chooses Rasmussen
Linda Rasmussen will become the University of Southern Mississippi’s new director of human resources, effective Nov. 1. Rasmussen, who has spent the past 16 years as human resources director at Indiana University, emerged as Southern Miss’ top choice following a national search. She will oversee human resources at the main campus in Hattiesburg and all Gulf Coast campus sites.
Rasmussen will fill a vacancy at Southern Miss created when Russ Willis was appointed vice president of administrative affairs at the university earlier this summer.
A native of Denver, Colo., Rasmussen got her undergraduate degree in psychology from Metropolitan State College in Denver. She obtained a master’s degree in information systems from Indiana University. She has also earned national accreditation as a Certified Public Manager.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Despite obstacles, craft beer industry growing
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- Finding your flexible space — Regus banks on high demand for customizable work spaces
- Miss. children's hospital plans $150 million expansion
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs