USM chooses Rasmussen
Linda Rasmussen will become the University of Southern Mississippi’s new director of human resources, effective Nov. 1. Rasmussen, who has spent the past 16 years as human resources director at Indiana University, emerged as Southern Miss’ top choice following a national search. She will oversee human resources at the main campus in Hattiesburg and all Gulf Coast campus sites.
Rasmussen will fill a vacancy at Southern Miss created when Russ Willis was appointed vice president of administrative affairs at the university earlier this summer.
A native of Denver, Colo., Rasmussen got her undergraduate degree in psychology from Metropolitan State College in Denver. She obtained a master’s degree in information systems from Indiana University. She has also earned national accreditation as a Certified Public Manager.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Outside group files arguments supporting McDaniel
- Court rules board can discipline West Virginia radiologist
- DAVID DALLAS: Mississippi's in'adequate' public schools
- MDEQ fines metalworking firm over hazardous waste
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- C Spire now offering new Blast Motion technology for athletes
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios