USM chooses Rasmussen
Linda Rasmussen will become the University of Southern Mississippi’s new director of human resources, effective Nov. 1. Rasmussen, who has spent the past 16 years as human resources director at Indiana University, emerged as Southern Miss’ top choice following a national search. She will oversee human resources at the main campus in Hattiesburg and all Gulf Coast campus sites.
Rasmussen will fill a vacancy at Southern Miss created when Russ Willis was appointed vice president of administrative affairs at the university earlier this summer.
A native of Denver, Colo., Rasmussen got her undergraduate degree in psychology from Metropolitan State College in Denver. She obtained a master’s degree in information systems from Indiana University. She has also earned national accreditation as a Certified Public Manager.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal