Watters reappointed to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
Robert Watters Jr. has been appointed to serve another term on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees as a Harrison County representative. Watters has served on the board for 15 years and served as board chair in 2002 and 2003.
He was the interim executive director for the Interfaith Hospitality Network in 2001-2002, and assistant chief of Domiciliary Operations with the Department of Veteran Affair, retiring in 2001 after 29 years with the department.
He received a bachelor of science degree in sociology from Mississippi Valley State University and completed graduate work at the University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Realtors chooses Nita Wingard
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- Entergy agrees to cut $35M from its new rate plan
- No debate, but Cochran and Childers lobby for votes for Senate
- Ford Foundation gives to UM for new science building