Watters reappointed to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
Robert Watters Jr. has been appointed to serve another term on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees as a Harrison County representative. Watters has served on the board for 15 years and served as board chair in 2002 and 2003.
He was the interim executive director for the Interfaith Hospitality Network in 2001-2002, and assistant chief of Domiciliary Operations with the Department of Veteran Affair, retiring in 2001 after 29 years with the department.
He received a bachelor of science degree in sociology from Mississippi Valley State University and completed graduate work at the University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Moon River Foods creating 100 jobs in Mississippi Delta
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- Health officials identify another case of chikungunya virus
- Biloxi council approves $29M contract for baseball stadium construction
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- Cochran continues to question EPA over new regulations