Watters reappointed to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
Robert Watters Jr. has been appointed to serve another term on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees as a Harrison County representative. Watters has served on the board for 15 years and served as board chair in 2002 and 2003.
He was the interim executive director for the Interfaith Hospitality Network in 2001-2002, and assistant chief of Domiciliary Operations with the Department of Veteran Affair, retiring in 2001 after 29 years with the department.
He received a bachelor of science degree in sociology from Mississippi Valley State University and completed graduate work at the University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- McDaniel delays decision on whether to appeal dismissal of lawsuit
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- More than a dozen school districts sue state over funding
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- Bryant issues executive order to establish Delta water task force