Watters reappointed to board
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 9,2011
Robert Watters Jr. has been appointed to serve another term on the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College board of trustees as a Harrison County representative. Watters has served on the board for 15 years and served as board chair in 2002 and 2003.
He was the interim executive director for the Interfaith Hospitality Network in 2001-2002, and assistant chief of Domiciliary Operations with the Department of Veteran Affair, retiring in 2001 after 29 years with the department.
He received a bachelor of science degree in sociology from Mississippi Valley State University and completed graduate work at the University of Southern Mississippi and William Carey University.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Stabenow, Cochran brace for full Senate vote on Farm Bill
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Keeping Our Eye On Nathan McNeill
- Counties ‘hoping to get it right’ as they await Tuscaloosa Marine shale boom
- OUR VIEW: USM makes right call by calling off tornado relief campaign
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president