Seasonal flu shots available statewide at county clinics
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Seasonal flu shots are now available at all Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) county clinics. The seasonal flu vaccine is recommended for anyone age six months and older.
“The flu shot is your best protection against the flu,” said MSDH acting state epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers. “Seasonal flu usually peaks in January through March in Mississippi, but flu activity can occur as early as December. Mississippians should take the flu seriously and get a yearly flu shot.”
Those particularly at risk for influenza complications include young children, adults 50 and older, pregnant women, and those with chronic illnesses.
Seasonal flu vaccinations for adults are $25. Those 18 and under can receive seasonal flu vaccinations for $10 through the Vaccines for Children program. High-dosage vaccinations for those 65 and older are available for $50. Medicare and Medicaid recipients are asked to bring their cards with them to the clinic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Williams Brothers General Store is something to count on
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Firm adds Brian T. Alexander
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices