Seasonal flu shots available statewide at county clinics
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 10,2011
ACROSS MISSISSIPPI — Seasonal flu shots are now available at all Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) county clinics. The seasonal flu vaccine is recommended for anyone age six months and older.
“The flu shot is your best protection against the flu,” said MSDH acting state epidemiologist Dr. Paul Byers. “Seasonal flu usually peaks in January through March in Mississippi, but flu activity can occur as early as December. Mississippians should take the flu seriously and get a yearly flu shot.”
Those particularly at risk for influenza complications include young children, adults 50 and older, pregnant women, and those with chronic illnesses.
Seasonal flu vaccinations for adults are $25. Those 18 and under can receive seasonal flu vaccinations for $10 through the Vaccines for Children program. High-dosage vaccinations for those 65 and older are available for $50. Medicare and Medicaid recipients are asked to bring their cards with them to the clinic.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues