Delta cutting one Coast flight, adding another
Published: October 11,2011
GULFPORT — Delta Air Lines is scheduled to cut direct flights from Gulfport to Memphis in January.
But, U.S. Airways is adding a flight from Gulfport to Charlotte, N.C.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service for the Gulfport airport, tells The Sun Herald Delta announced months ago it would be making cuts all over the country, and loss of the Memphis flights is not too surprising. He said Delta likely could save money routing passengers through Atlanta instead.
Gerald said the service from Gulfport is scheduled to end Jan. 4.
He said while the loss of direct service to Memphis will be inconvenient for some travelers, U.S. Airways adding the Charlotte flight makes for a net wash in airport capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MSU reminding fans that drones are prohibited at football games
- Former DPS employees sentenced for selling bogus driver's licenses
- Politics of paying for transportation: Hand wringing and a lot of talk
- Researchers: Trapping, not hunting, best way to control wild hogs
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Research on dogs could lead to better understanding of human cancer
- Keesler Medical Center set to begin $74M renovation project
- ONE MORE YEAR: Leaders want year more of study on comprehensive road, bridge upkeep
- Community college dedicating new welding technology center