Delta cutting one Coast flight, adding another
Published: October 11,2011
GULFPORT — Delta Air Lines is scheduled to cut direct flights from Gulfport to Memphis in January.
But, U.S. Airways is adding a flight from Gulfport to Charlotte, N.C.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service for the Gulfport airport, tells The Sun Herald Delta announced months ago it would be making cuts all over the country, and loss of the Memphis flights is not too surprising. He said Delta likely could save money routing passengers through Atlanta instead.
Gerald said the service from Gulfport is scheduled to end Jan. 4.
He said while the loss of direct service to Memphis will be inconvenient for some travelers, U.S. Airways adding the Charlotte flight makes for a net wash in airport capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- 2014 a good year for filmmaking in Mississippi
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game