Delta cutting one Coast flight, adding another
Published: October 11,2011
GULFPORT — Delta Air Lines is scheduled to cut direct flights from Gulfport to Memphis in January.
But, U.S. Airways is adding a flight from Gulfport to Charlotte, N.C.
Jeremiah Gerald, director of air service for the Gulfport airport, tells The Sun Herald Delta announced months ago it would be making cuts all over the country, and loss of the Memphis flights is not too surprising. He said Delta likely could save money routing passengers through Atlanta instead.
Gerald said the service from Gulfport is scheduled to end Jan. 4.
He said while the loss of direct service to Memphis will be inconvenient for some travelers, U.S. Airways adding the Charlotte flight makes for a net wash in airport capacity.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal