Storm-torn town to get new sports complex
Published: October 11,2011
SMITHVILLE — The Town of Smithville is planning to renovate the local sportsplex as the area continues to recover from an April 27 tornado.
Smithville Mayor Gregg Kennedy tells WTVA-TV the town plans to offer baseball, softball and T-ball to kids once work is completed on two fields at the Johnny Noe Sports Plex.
Kennedy says the goal is to get two ball fields ready to play ball by March 1. He says FEMA will pay 75 percent of the cost with the state and town splitting the remaining 25 percent.
Kennedy says plans are to add some extra playground facilities for younger children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Tyler Raborn finds success and fulfillment with Raborn Media
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Supreme Court deals blow to McDaniel's election challenge
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Gunn, Reeves introduce performance-based budget plan
- Bryant protests immigrant children being housed in state
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill