Storm-torn town to get new sports complex
Published: October 11,2011
SMITHVILLE — The Town of Smithville is planning to renovate the local sportsplex as the area continues to recover from an April 27 tornado.
Smithville Mayor Gregg Kennedy tells WTVA-TV the town plans to offer baseball, softball and T-ball to kids once work is completed on two fields at the Johnny Noe Sports Plex.
Kennedy says the goal is to get two ball fields ready to play ball by March 1. He says FEMA will pay 75 percent of the cost with the state and town splitting the remaining 25 percent.
Kennedy says plans are to add some extra playground facilities for younger children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Delta State conference brings renowned speakers
- (UPDATE) Judge rules on Google request on attorney general inquiry
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- Digital Editions - magazines
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game