Storm-torn town to get new sports complex
Published: October 11,2011
SMITHVILLE — The Town of Smithville is planning to renovate the local sportsplex as the area continues to recover from an April 27 tornado.
Smithville Mayor Gregg Kennedy tells WTVA-TV the town plans to offer baseball, softball and T-ball to kids once work is completed on two fields at the Johnny Noe Sports Plex.
Kennedy says the goal is to get two ball fields ready to play ball by March 1. He says FEMA will pay 75 percent of the cost with the state and town splitting the remaining 25 percent.
Kennedy says plans are to add some extra playground facilities for younger children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Judge: Caesars can demolish Harrah's casino in Mississippi