Storm-torn town to get new sports complex
Published: October 11,2011
SMITHVILLE — The Town of Smithville is planning to renovate the local sportsplex as the area continues to recover from an April 27 tornado.
Smithville Mayor Gregg Kennedy tells WTVA-TV the town plans to offer baseball, softball and T-ball to kids once work is completed on two fields at the Johnny Noe Sports Plex.
Kennedy says the goal is to get two ball fields ready to play ball by March 1. He says FEMA will pay 75 percent of the cost with the state and town splitting the remaining 25 percent.
Kennedy says plans are to add some extra playground facilities for younger children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds