Storm-torn town to get new sports complex
Published: October 11,2011
SMITHVILLE — The Town of Smithville is planning to renovate the local sportsplex as the area continues to recover from an April 27 tornado.
Smithville Mayor Gregg Kennedy tells WTVA-TV the town plans to offer baseball, softball and T-ball to kids once work is completed on two fields at the Johnny Noe Sports Plex.
Kennedy says the goal is to get two ball fields ready to play ball by March 1. He says FEMA will pay 75 percent of the cost with the state and town splitting the remaining 25 percent.
Kennedy says plans are to add some extra playground facilities for younger children.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal