Corps gives notice to proceed on Delta project
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District has given a notice to proceed with work on the Big Sunflower, Steele Bayou Sediment Reduction Structures project.
The contract designation, W912EE-11-C-0008, in the amount of $878,577, was awarded to RAF Contracting Inc. of Columbus.
This Corps project reduces sediment loads, which naturally deposit into streams and waterways, according to the Corps. This reduction will improve channel flow, environmental impacts and water quality in the basin. By reducing erosion from the surrounding fields, phosphorous and nitrogen entering the waterway would be reduced.
Work will begin in approximately 30 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Peoples Bank reports quarterly loss due to bad loans
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal