Corps gives notice to proceed on Delta project
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District has given a notice to proceed with work on the Big Sunflower, Steele Bayou Sediment Reduction Structures project.
The contract designation, W912EE-11-C-0008, in the amount of $878,577, was awarded to RAF Contracting Inc. of Columbus.
This Corps project reduces sediment loads, which naturally deposit into streams and waterways, according to the Corps. This reduction will improve channel flow, environmental impacts and water quality in the basin. By reducing erosion from the surrounding fields, phosphorous and nitrogen entering the waterway would be reduced.
Work will begin in approximately 30 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Canadian company purchasing Southern Lumber for nearly $50M
- Winchester lands $50M ammunition contract from Homeland Security
- Lawmakers question education leaders about escalating administrative costs
- Deer processors need to use caution to insure safe, tasty venison
- Peavey Electronics reorganizing under new globalization plan
- Pearl ordering rental properties to retrofit with sprinklers, build storm shelters
- C Spire completes acquisition of MegaGate Broadband
- Columbia Parachute expanding, relocating to BusinessPlex
- Tourism conference being held on Coast; industry to ask state for more money