Corps gives notice to proceed on Delta project
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District has given a notice to proceed with work on the Big Sunflower, Steele Bayou Sediment Reduction Structures project.
The contract designation, W912EE-11-C-0008, in the amount of $878,577, was awarded to RAF Contracting Inc. of Columbus.
This Corps project reduces sediment loads, which naturally deposit into streams and waterways, according to the Corps. This reduction will improve channel flow, environmental impacts and water quality in the basin. By reducing erosion from the surrounding fields, phosphorous and nitrogen entering the waterway would be reduced.
Work will begin in approximately 30 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Thousands of acres of Delta farmland to go on auction block
- Board files suit against VA over release of patients' names
- CSpire offering 1Phone 6, IPhone 6 Plus on Sept. 19
- Mississippi sounds coming to Americana Music Festival & Conference
- MBJ's Business Marketplace set for Sept. 19 at Mississippi's Trade Mart
- Owner of former hospital given deadline
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- State's corn crop could set new yield record