Corps gives notice to proceed on Delta project
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District has given a notice to proceed with work on the Big Sunflower, Steele Bayou Sediment Reduction Structures project.
The contract designation, W912EE-11-C-0008, in the amount of $878,577, was awarded to RAF Contracting Inc. of Columbus.
This Corps project reduces sediment loads, which naturally deposit into streams and waterways, according to the Corps. This reduction will improve channel flow, environmental impacts and water quality in the basin. By reducing erosion from the surrounding fields, phosphorous and nitrogen entering the waterway would be reduced.
Work will begin in approximately 30 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Comstock quits Tuscaloosa play on falling prices
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Clinton office complex sold for $20.5 million
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- PHIL HARDWICK: Characteristics of a good year-end fundraising letter
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Record soybean yield is valued at $1.17 billion
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today