Corps gives notice to proceed on Delta project
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 14,2011
MISSISSIPPI DELTA — The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Vicksburg District has given a notice to proceed with work on the Big Sunflower, Steele Bayou Sediment Reduction Structures project.
The contract designation, W912EE-11-C-0008, in the amount of $878,577, was awarded to RAF Contracting Inc. of Columbus.
This Corps project reduces sediment loads, which naturally deposit into streams and waterways, according to the Corps. This reduction will improve channel flow, environmental impacts and water quality in the basin. By reducing erosion from the surrounding fields, phosphorous and nitrogen entering the waterway would be reduced.
Work will begin in approximately 30 days.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M