Center for Public Policy: Roll back retirement benefits for state workers
Legal brief submitted to a study commission created to study possible reform of PERS challenges state Attorney General Jim Hood’s assertion that current benefit levels are legally off limits
A Mississippi-based organization that advocates limited government has weighed in on the Mississippi Public Employee Personnel System solvency issue with a call for rollbacks in retirement benefits for some state workers.
In a legal brief submitted to a study commission created to study possible reform of PERS, the Mississippi Center for Public Policy challenges state Attorney General Jim Hood’s assertion that current benefit levels are…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- Mississippi Power CEO's departure due to withholding Kemper information from regulators
- Hosemann revels in victory over Court's redistricting ruling
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Tenn. company makes unspecified offer to lease hospital
- Nullification and interposition
- Airport's food irradiation business could create new jobs
- In wake of bond issue failure, golf course fights to stay playable
- Ag officials say late planting reaching historical proportions