Center for Public Policy: Roll back retirement benefits for state workers
Legal brief submitted to a study commission created to study possible reform of PERS challenges state Attorney General Jim Hood’s assertion that current benefit levels are legally off limits
A Mississippi-based organization that advocates limited government has weighed in on the Mississippi Public Employee Personnel System solvency issue with a call for rollbacks in retirement benefits for some state workers.
In a legal brief submitted to a study commission created to study possible reform of PERS, the Mississippi Center for Public Policy challenges state Attorney General Jim Hood’s assertion that current benefit levels are…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file