Center for Public Policy: Roll back retirement benefits for state workers
Legal brief submitted to a study commission created to study possible reform of PERS challenges state Attorney General Jim Hood’s assertion that current benefit levels are legally off limits
A Mississippi-based organization that advocates limited government has weighed in on the Mississippi Public Employee Personnel System solvency issue with a call for rollbacks in retirement benefits for some state workers.
In a legal brief submitted to a study commission created to study possible reform of PERS, the Mississippi Center for Public Policy challenges state Attorney General Jim Hood’s assertion that current benefit levels are…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Panther Creek megasite — Putting a value proposition out there
- BBB issues warning involving asphalt paving scam
- Prescription for success — Transcript Pharmacy continues fast growth
- Study: Mississippi has highest sales tax rate in U.S.
- Panther Creek's location in medical industry zone boosts bio-med prospects
- Mississippi State makes NSF ranking of research universities
- TVA president/CEO Johnson tours Techumseh, Yokohama plants
- Sawtimber, pulpwood markets improving, but challenges remain
- News The Way You Want It!
- Chris McDaniel responds to radio show audio clip