Dillard’s store ‘pops up’ in Canton for what may be a new trend in business
by Wally Northway
Published: October 16,2011
The morning of Oct. 13, Dillard’s, best known as a mall anchor, opened a new store in the historic downtown Iupe’s Building in Canton in conjunction with the Canton Flea Market.
At 5 p.m. the following day, it promptly closed.
But, it could be back.
A joint venture of retailer Dillard’s Department Store and the Canton Chamber Main Street Association, the Dillard’s-Canton “pop up” store represented a first for Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil