Dillard’s store ‘pops up’ in Canton for what may be a new trend in business
Published: October 16,2011
The morning of Oct. 13, Dillard’s, best known as a mall anchor, opened a new store in the historic downtown Iupe’s Building in Canton in conjunction with the Canton Flea Market.
At 5 p.m. the following day, it promptly closed.
But, it could be back.
A joint venture of retailer Dillard’s Department Store and the Canton Chamber Main Street Association, the Dillard’s-Canton “pop up” store represented a first for Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Court hits David Watkins with $600,000 order over Retro Metro issues