Dillard’s store ‘pops up’ in Canton for what may be a new trend in business
Published: October 16,2011
The morning of Oct. 13, Dillard’s, best known as a mall anchor, opened a new store in the historic downtown Iupe’s Building in Canton in conjunction with the Canton Flea Market.
At 5 p.m. the following day, it promptly closed.
But, it could be back.
A joint venture of retailer Dillard’s Department Store and the Canton Chamber Main Street Association, the Dillard’s-Canton “pop up” store represented a first for Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Wasted away — Margaritaville in Biloxi to close by Sept. 19
- WILLOUGHBY: Broadband Voice founder Gary Watts isn’t afraid to take chances
- Severstal selling plants, including Severstal Columbus
- Two BancorpSouth mergers delayed by federal inquiries
- McDaniel alleges GOP race-baiting; says party should be 'purged'
- Police find Attorney General Hood's stolen handgun
- Mississippi Power conducts successful tests at Kemper plant
- Seafood dealer/processor guilty of illegal handling of oysters
- Pickwick Pines settles lawsuit; pays $260K