Dillard’s store ‘pops up’ in Canton for what may be a new trend in business
Published: October 16,2011
The morning of Oct. 13, Dillard’s, best known as a mall anchor, opened a new store in the historic downtown Iupe’s Building in Canton in conjunction with the Canton Flea Market.
At 5 p.m. the following day, it promptly closed.
But, it could be back.
A joint venture of retailer Dillard’s Department Store and the Canton Chamber Main Street Association, the Dillard’s-Canton “pop up” store represented a first for Mississippi.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- Brandon man hauls in record 756-pound alligator
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- Is cotton looking too good? Farmers facing weaker prices
- Woman found guilty of murder in buttocks injection case
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer