Entergy Nuclear picks officers
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2011
Entergy Nuclear CEO John Herron has named senior officers to new positions. Initial changes began in August, and the transitions are expected to be complete by November.
Jeff Forbes, formerly senior vice president, COO for the five utility-owned nuclear energy plants, was named as senior vice president for nuclear operations for the Entergy Nuclear fleet comprised of 12 reactors at 10 sites.
Donna Jacobs, currently senior vice president for planning, development, oversight, has assumed a rotational assignment as site vice president at the Waterford 3 Steam Electric Station in Louisiana.
In addition, Kimberly Cook has been named as general manager of plant operations at Waterford 3.
Other key announcements include Tim Mitchell named as senior vice president and COO for Indian Point Energy Center in New York, Palisades Power Plant in Michigan and Cooper Nuclear Station in Nebraska. Cooper is owned by the Nebraska Public Power District and Entergy Nuclear provides management services to the plant.
Mike Balduzzi was named as the senior vice president, technical services. This role combines operations support, business development and nuclear security with the role’s traditional responsibilities for engineering, project management, MP&C and emergency planning and licensing.
Kevin Bronson has been named senior vice president and COO for James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant in New York, Pilgrim Power Station in Massachusetts and Vermont Yankee Nuclear Power Station.
Joe Kowalewski was named senior vice president and COO for the five Entergy rate-regulated plants in the southern U.S., and Steve Bethay was named as oversight vice president.
This is the first reorganization of the senior leadership since Herron was named president, CEO and chief nuclear officer for Entergy Nuclear in November 2009.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- GOP Sen. Thad Cochran to run for seventh term
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team
- Hood issues opinion on open-carry gun law
- Court to hear case involving alligators and ExxonMobil