Firm makes announcements
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2011
Wise Carter Child & Caraway announced that Jennifer Hughes Scott has become a shareholder of the firm. Scott graduated from Mississippi University for Women (B.A., English, 1991) and from Mississippi State University (M.A., English 1994). She joined the firm in 2004, upon receiving her law degree from Mississippi College School of Law summa cum laude, and practices in the areas of labor and employment and workers’ compensation.
In addition, Jason P. Varnado is now an associate in the firm’s Jackson office. Varnado graduated from the University of Mississippi (B.B.A., Finance, 2003) and recently graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., 2011, summa cum laude).
Varnado practices in the areas of aviation, commercial litigation, general healthcare litigation and medical malpractice. Prior to entering law school, Varnado was a corporate pilot earning an airline transport pilot rating as well as type ratings in Cessna Citation and Lear Jets.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program