Firm makes announcements
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2011
Wise Carter Child & Caraway announced that Jennifer Hughes Scott has become a shareholder of the firm. Scott graduated from Mississippi University for Women (B.A., English, 1991) and from Mississippi State University (M.A., English 1994). She joined the firm in 2004, upon receiving her law degree from Mississippi College School of Law summa cum laude, and practices in the areas of labor and employment and workers’ compensation.
In addition, Jason P. Varnado is now an associate in the firm’s Jackson office. Varnado graduated from the University of Mississippi (B.B.A., Finance, 2003) and recently graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., 2011, summa cum laude).
Varnado practices in the areas of aviation, commercial litigation, general healthcare litigation and medical malpractice. Prior to entering law school, Varnado was a corporate pilot earning an airline transport pilot rating as well as type ratings in Cessna Citation and Lear Jets.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge to hear from True the Vote as McDaniel attempts to overturn loss to Cochran
- DAVID DALLAS: Mr. McDaniel goes to Washington
- Under state probe, All American Check Cashing gets ‘F’ rating from Better Business Bureau
- Walker sentenced to 18 months for fraud, conspiracy
- Three indicted, alleged to have embezzled from agency
- Weyerhaeuser investing $57M to modernize lumber mill
- Manning family establishes health care initiative at UMMC
- Google chooses Mad Genius as example of Internet use
- Communities awarded national Main Street accreditation