Firm makes announcements
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 16,2011
Wise Carter Child & Caraway announced that Jennifer Hughes Scott has become a shareholder of the firm. Scott graduated from Mississippi University for Women (B.A., English, 1991) and from Mississippi State University (M.A., English 1994). She joined the firm in 2004, upon receiving her law degree from Mississippi College School of Law summa cum laude, and practices in the areas of labor and employment and workers’ compensation.
In addition, Jason P. Varnado is now an associate in the firm’s Jackson office. Varnado graduated from the University of Mississippi (B.B.A., Finance, 2003) and recently graduated from the University of Mississippi School of Law (J.D., 2011, summa cum laude).
Varnado practices in the areas of aviation, commercial litigation, general healthcare litigation and medical malpractice. Prior to entering law school, Varnado was a corporate pilot earning an airline transport pilot rating as well as type ratings in Cessna Citation and Lear Jets.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case