Thomas joins Phelps Dunbar
Phelps Dunbar LLP has hired Eugenia “Genie” Stark Thomas in the firm’s Jackson office. Thomas has joined the firm as counsel practicing in the area of healthcare law with a focus on general compliance advice, RAC and audit advising, Medicare reimbursement and coverage advice, RAC and other Medicare audit appeals, healthcare operational contracting, IT contracting, medical office leasing and HIPAA.
Prior to joining Phelps Dunbar, Thomas was a healthcare attorney with Balch & Bingham LLP. She served as an adjunct professor in the Health Services Administration graduate program at Mississippi College from 2009-2010. She also served as associate general counsel for Mississippi Baptist Health Systems Inc. from 2004-2010.
Thomas received her J.D. from the University of Virginia School of Law in 2001, where she was the business/subscriptions editor of the Virginia Tax Review and a Dillard Fellow. She received her B.A., magna cum laude, in history from Sweet Briar College in 1995, where she received the Phi Beta Kappa distinction.
She is admitted to practice in Mississippi and Virginia.
Thomas is a member of the Mississippi Bar Association, American Bar Association, Capitol Area Bar Association, American Health Lawyers Association and Healthcare Financial Management Association.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- Man charged in noose left on integration statue at Ole Miss