Home sales up, prices down in South Mississippi
Published: October 18,2011
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The pace of home sales in South Mississippi is up for the first nine months of 2011 but the average price is not.
From January through September, 267 more homes were sold than for the same period last year.
The Sun Herald reports those who sold their homes this year received an average of $117,876, which is $16,824 less than the average if they had sold between January and September last year.
Compared to last year, sales prices are up in five of the last nine months.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report for September shows that fewer people are listing their homes for sale in this buyers’ market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Drew Brees settles lawsuit alleging investment fraud
- Doctor convicted of using phony church for tax shelter
- Cochran's legal counsel asks Court to toss McDaniel's lawsuit
- Williams-Sonoma expanding, adding nearly 1,000 jobs
- Ex-Delta mayor indicted, accused of stealing city property
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015
- More than half-dozen groups file charter school applications
- Travis retiring as head of Mississippi World Trade Center
- State Rep. Patterson switches from Democrats to GOP