Home sales up, prices down in South Mississippi
Published: October 18,2011
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The pace of home sales in South Mississippi is up for the first nine months of 2011 but the average price is not.
From January through September, 267 more homes were sold than for the same period last year.
The Sun Herald reports those who sold their homes this year received an average of $117,876, which is $16,824 less than the average if they had sold between January and September last year.
Compared to last year, sales prices are up in five of the last nine months.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report for September shows that fewer people are listing their homes for sale in this buyers’ market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Judge intends to rule on McDaniel's challenge before general election
- Oxford’s FNC getting new headquarters
- (UPDATE) I-20 partially closed as vehicle carrying hazardous materials burns
- Coast family wins $644K in tideland lawsuit against state
- QUIRKY? NO, JERKY — Whatever your craving, Beef Jerky Outlets likely has the flavor among 200+ choices
- Corps official: River needs larger ports, locks and dams
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- C Spire, UM installing Wi-Fi network at Vaught-Hemingway Stadium
- Community Bank, Pinnacle Trust ink new agreement