Home sales up, prices down in South Mississippi
Published: October 18,2011
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The pace of home sales in South Mississippi is up for the first nine months of 2011 but the average price is not.
From January through September, 267 more homes were sold than for the same period last year.
The Sun Herald reports those who sold their homes this year received an average of $117,876, which is $16,824 less than the average if they had sold between January and September last year.
Compared to last year, sales prices are up in five of the last nine months.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report for September shows that fewer people are listing their homes for sale in this buyers’ market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions