Home sales up, prices down in South Mississippi
Published: October 18,2011
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The pace of home sales in South Mississippi is up for the first nine months of 2011 but the average price is not.
From January through September, 267 more homes were sold than for the same period last year.
The Sun Herald reports those who sold their homes this year received an average of $117,876, which is $16,824 less than the average if they had sold between January and September last year.
Compared to last year, sales prices are up in five of the last nine months.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report for September shows that fewer people are listing their homes for sale in this buyers’ market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program