Home sales up, prices down in South Mississippi
Published: October 18,2011
SOUTH MISSISSIPPI — The pace of home sales in South Mississippi is up for the first nine months of 2011 but the average price is not.
From January through September, 267 more homes were sold than for the same period last year.
The Sun Herald reports those who sold their homes this year received an average of $117,876, which is $16,824 less than the average if they had sold between January and September last year.
Compared to last year, sales prices are up in five of the last nine months.
The Mississippi Gulf Multiple Listing Service report for September shows that fewer people are listing their homes for sale in this buyers’ market.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Prison-contract task force working in wake of Epps' indictment
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three