Morgan named president, CEO of Hancock Fabrics
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 18,2011
BALDWYN — Hancock Fabrics Inc.’s board of directors has appointed Steven R. Morgan, the current interim president and CEO of the company and member of the board of directors, to serve as president and CEO, effective immediately.
Morgan will continue to serve as a member of the board.
Morgan, 59, was appointed as interim president CEO in January 2011. He has been a director of the company since June 2010, and currently serves on the Compensation and Nominating and Corporate Governance committees and formerly served as chair of the Audit Committee.
Morgan has over 30 years of retail experience. He was president of GameStop Corporation from 2005 to 2008 and held the position of president of North American Operations at Electronic Boutiques as well as president of EB Games-Canada, and held various senior executive roles with May Department Stores and Federated Department Stores. He is an operating partner with Verite Capital Partners, a private equity and consulting firm, and was a director of Movie Gallery Inc., a home entertainment specialty retailer, from September 2009 to November 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs
- BILL CRAWFORD — More jobs, but fewer with jobs, huh?
- Lab owner loses challenge to 40 months in waste case
- ANITA MODAK-TRURAN — Mississippi’s motion picture renaissance
- MSU-CVM professor leads major reference publication
- Watch out for wildlife while driving on roads, highways