Coast business incubator gets increased funding
Published: October 19,2011
MOSS POINT — Pascagoula officials have decided to restore its funding to the Jackson County Small Business Incubator.
The city council voted yesterday to give the incubator the $10,000 that had been requested, up from the $2,500 the board originally approved.
The Mississippi Press says the board was acting on the advice of City Manager Joe Huffman.
Huffman said an investigation of the program revealed that the incubator, based in Moss Point, is the exclusive provider of certain business consulting services in the area. Besides incubator staff, Huffman spoke with small business owners who told him the incubator helped them start and grow their businesses.
Huffman said the incubator could help in the city’s strategy of overcoming budget shortfalls by supporting services that create wealth.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Ingalls to lease former SRHS clinic in Gautier for employee medical center
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Miss. surgeon sentenced in tax evasion case
- WILLOUGHBY: Mayo Flynt leads AT&T Mississippi by enjoying both work and workers
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY: Gary Herring building tomorrow by educating today
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years