Coast neighborhood opposed to amusement parke
Published: October 20,2011
BILOXI — Residents in one of Biloxi’s oldest neighborhoods are opposing plans for an amusement park in their area.
Homeowners in Biloxi’s Edgewater Park said the plan would damage the quality and character of the neighborhood.
WLOX TV reports the entertainment park proposed for the area would likely include a 30-foot water slide, go carts and music. Opponents voiced their opposition Tuesday at a public hearing on a rezoning request.
Developer Gary Crossing argued that the project would benefit the entire city. Some others at the meeting agreed with that concept but said Edgewater Park is not the place for the development.
A Biloxi City Council decision on the issue could come next week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- R.J. Allen ranked as fastest-growing company in Mississippi
- Tragedy for Jackson Prep: Football player Walker Wilbanks dies
- Senate election ballot approved as McDaniel's challenge continues
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- DAVID DALLAS — Mississippi needs one university
- Judge moves McDaniel's lawsuit challenging loss to Cochran
- TECH 21 — Mississippi's most wanted in technology
- Inspectors find 'hot work' was cause of fatal explosion at fish plant
- Ground broken for new Hattiesburg Clinic facility