Coast neighborhood opposed to amusement parke
Published: October 20,2011
BILOXI — Residents in one of Biloxi’s oldest neighborhoods are opposing plans for an amusement park in their area.
Homeowners in Biloxi’s Edgewater Park said the plan would damage the quality and character of the neighborhood.
WLOX TV reports the entertainment park proposed for the area would likely include a 30-foot water slide, go carts and music. Opponents voiced their opposition Tuesday at a public hearing on a rezoning request.
Developer Gary Crossing argued that the project would benefit the entire city. Some others at the meeting agreed with that concept but said Edgewater Park is not the place for the development.
A Biloxi City Council decision on the issue could come next week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Court rules against Greenwood councilwoman; must give up office
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- Cochran continues to reach out to African American voters
- ‘Little Boogaloo’ Eden Brent happy singing the blues
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Hole-by-hole look at Sanderson Farms Championship course at CCJ
- Senators write letter over Waters of the United States proposal