Coast neighborhood opposed to amusement parke
Published: October 20,2011
BILOXI — Residents in one of Biloxi’s oldest neighborhoods are opposing plans for an amusement park in their area.
Homeowners in Biloxi’s Edgewater Park said the plan would damage the quality and character of the neighborhood.
WLOX TV reports the entertainment park proposed for the area would likely include a 30-foot water slide, go carts and music. Opponents voiced their opposition Tuesday at a public hearing on a rezoning request.
Developer Gary Crossing argued that the project would benefit the entire city. Some others at the meeting agreed with that concept but said Edgewater Park is not the place for the development.
A Biloxi City Council decision on the issue could come next week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- BILL CRAWFORD: Dan Jones not the angel he is portrayed to be
- JOSH MABUS: Bill Murray and business misfits
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Analysis: Closed meetings can feed false public impressions
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Lawmakers move on bonds despite complaints from colleges and universities
- Cal-Maine income skyrockets as prices rise and costs shrink
- DAVID DALLAS — Just how long can Dan stand?
- Business groups file briefs in support of Kemper coal plant rehearing