Coast neighborhood opposed to amusement parke
Published: October 20,2011
BILOXI — Residents in one of Biloxi’s oldest neighborhoods are opposing plans for an amusement park in their area.
Homeowners in Biloxi’s Edgewater Park said the plan would damage the quality and character of the neighborhood.
WLOX TV reports the entertainment park proposed for the area would likely include a 30-foot water slide, go carts and music. Opponents voiced their opposition Tuesday at a public hearing on a rezoning request.
Developer Gary Crossing argued that the project would benefit the entire city. Some others at the meeting agreed with that concept but said Edgewater Park is not the place for the development.
A Biloxi City Council decision on the issue could come next week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Mississippi no longer has highest unemployment rate in nation
- Grain buyer’s bankruptcy could take steep toll on Delta farmers
- McDaniel cites Gunn's challenge in his attempt to overturn loss to Cochran
- Mad Genius, Eyevox owner acquires Mississippi Film Studios
- HCC works deal with MSU Extension Service for land to expand
- UPDATE — David Watkins says JRA left him in dark about HUD's Farish St. involvement
- Report: Mississippi has worst child poverty rate in U.S.
- Payday lender, fired executive exchanging blame for lender’s regulatory woes
- Education leaders applying for $15M in grants for pre-kindergarten program