Coast neighborhood opposed to amusement parke
Published: October 20,2011
BILOXI — Residents in one of Biloxi’s oldest neighborhoods are opposing plans for an amusement park in their area.
Homeowners in Biloxi’s Edgewater Park said the plan would damage the quality and character of the neighborhood.
WLOX TV reports the entertainment park proposed for the area would likely include a 30-foot water slide, go carts and music. Opponents voiced their opposition Tuesday at a public hearing on a rezoning request.
Developer Gary Crossing argued that the project would benefit the entire city. Some others at the meeting agreed with that concept but said Edgewater Park is not the place for the development.
A Biloxi City Council decision on the issue could come next week.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Federal appeals court: State's abortion law is unconstitutional
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player