New television station broadcasting in Hub City
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg has a new television station.
The Hattiesburg American reports WHPM started broadcasting at low power last week and will have a signal covering a 40-mile radius in the weeks to come.
Station president Mike Reed’s company, Waypoint Media, manages the Meridian Family of Stations that includes WGBC and WMDN.
The station’s main offering is the Fox prime-time scheduling that includes shows such as “X Factor” and “House,” along with NFL football. There will also be local football: Friday’s football game between Petal and Meridian will be broadcast live on the station, known as Fox 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- JOSH MABUS: The Tao of Road House
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training