New television station broadcasting in Hub City
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg has a new television station.
The Hattiesburg American reports WHPM started broadcasting at low power last week and will have a signal covering a 40-mile radius in the weeks to come.
Station president Mike Reed’s company, Waypoint Media, manages the Meridian Family of Stations that includes WGBC and WMDN.
The station’s main offering is the Fox prime-time scheduling that includes shows such as “X Factor” and “House,” along with NFL football. There will also be local football: Friday’s football game between Petal and Meridian will be broadcast live on the station, known as Fox 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Still planning that summer vacation?
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Silver Airways ordered to continue service
- Seafood R’evolution set to make Mississippi ‘the new culinary epicenter of the South’
- Bryant signs controversial abortion ban bill
- Soybean yield more than doubles in less than a decade
- Pharma Pac lays off rest of workers; could end up owing state
- Plans unveiled for large shooting range on Coast
- Two Delta groups getting economic development funding
- Ole Miss launches commitment to be 'climate neutral'
- Yarber could be sworn in today as new Jackson mayor
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015