New television station broadcasting in Hub City
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg has a new television station.
The Hattiesburg American reports WHPM started broadcasting at low power last week and will have a signal covering a 40-mile radius in the weeks to come.
Station president Mike Reed’s company, Waypoint Media, manages the Meridian Family of Stations that includes WGBC and WMDN.
The station’s main offering is the Fox prime-time scheduling that includes shows such as “X Factor” and “House,” along with NFL football. There will also be local football: Friday’s football game between Petal and Meridian will be broadcast live on the station, known as Fox 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Alcorn's finances being investigated; CFO resigns
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- State granted delay in implementing teacher evaluations
- Keeping our eye on... Liz Lancaster
- Officials hand mayor projects list totaling $57.7M
- Board continues to negotiate with propsective hospital buyers
- NEW ORLEANS SAINTS MOVING — Mississippi company has the task of moving the football team