New television station broadcasting in Hub City
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg has a new television station.
The Hattiesburg American reports WHPM started broadcasting at low power last week and will have a signal covering a 40-mile radius in the weeks to come.
Station president Mike Reed’s company, Waypoint Media, manages the Meridian Family of Stations that includes WGBC and WMDN.
The station’s main offering is the Fox prime-time scheduling that includes shows such as “X Factor” and “House,” along with NFL football. There will also be local football: Friday’s football game between Petal and Meridian will be broadcast live on the station, known as Fox 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?