New television station broadcasting in Hub City
HATTIESBURG — Hattiesburg has a new television station.
The Hattiesburg American reports WHPM started broadcasting at low power last week and will have a signal covering a 40-mile radius in the weeks to come.
Station president Mike Reed’s company, Waypoint Media, manages the Meridian Family of Stations that includes WGBC and WMDN.
The station’s main offering is the Fox prime-time scheduling that includes shows such as “X Factor” and “House,” along with NFL football. There will also be local football: Friday’s football game between Petal and Meridian will be broadcast live on the station, known as Fox 23.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- WILLOUGHBY: Bernie Reed cites hard work as key to success of Reed’s Metals
- Half century of memories — Christmas on Deer Creek to celebrate 50th anniversary
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- Can Metrocenter rise from the ashes? Again
- Prescott leads field for Conerly Trophy as state's best football player
- Bryant wants free tuition for students with technical diploma
- Gulf oil rig explosion kills one worker, injures three
- Former MDEQ Executive Director Trudy Fisher joins Butler Snow