$1M grant to help Meridian recruit teachers
Published: October 22,2011
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Public School District has received a grant of more than $1 million.
The grant from the Phil Hardin Foundation, awarded during the past week, will be used in a program designed to recruit and retain effective teachers.
The grant will be distributed over five years — $253,000 for year one, which includes the establishment of the Health Small Learning Community, and $203,000 for years two, three, four, and five.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions
- Lawmakers: Time to raze IHL
- Developers withdraw zoning application for former country club
- DAVID WILLIAMS: Smart traffic signals pave way for better driving in connected world
- Rhythm & Blues Hall of Fame planning gets underway
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed