$1M grant to help Meridian recruit teachers
by Associated Press
Published: October 22,2011
MERIDIAN — The Meridian Public School District has received a grant of more than $1 million.
The grant from the Phil Hardin Foundation, awarded during the past week, will be used in a program designed to recruit and retain effective teachers.
The grant will be distributed over five years — $253,000 for year one, which includes the establishment of the Health Small Learning Community, and $203,000 for years two, three, four, and five.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Alumni-couple donate $12.3M to Mississippi State
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- MAN OF STEEL: Madhu Ranade leading Severstal Columbus
- Expert on airlines predicts Jackson-Evers will keep remaining carriers
- Town given Obamacare insurance break, but faces additional costs in 2015
- TRIP releases report on state's crumbling roads, bridges
- Butler Snow Advisory Services adds Jimmy Bailey
- MDA to lead delegation on mission to Europe
- C Spire launches next phase of 1-gig service rollout
- Public meeting called to mull future of convention center