Sales tax collections rise in Vicksburg
by Associated Press
Published: October 22,2011
VICKSBURG — For a second straight month, sales tax collections in Vicksburg were up, with August receipts running 9.54 percent over 2010.
Revenue to the city lags actual sales tax collections by two months. For example, receipts for April reflect taxes collected on sales in February.
So far, total disbursements for the 2011 fiscal year total $6.62 million, or .49 percent less than the $6.65 million collected for the same period in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- MDA introduces new 'Mississippi Homecoming' tourism ad campaign
- Crowded field lines up for Jackson mayoral election
- MSU Foundation names five new members
- Another fiberhood qualifies for C Spire 1-gigabit Internet service
- Cochran questions nominee concerning Stanford ponzi scheme
- DMR pays accounting firm more than double contract's worth
- George’s Girls put shopping skills to work
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Following ruling, Entergy to hand over records to county