Sales tax collections rise in Vicksburg
Published: October 22,2011
VICKSBURG — For a second straight month, sales tax collections in Vicksburg were up, with August receipts running 9.54 percent over 2010.
Revenue to the city lags actual sales tax collections by two months. For example, receipts for April reflect taxes collected on sales in February.
So far, total disbursements for the 2011 fiscal year total $6.62 million, or .49 percent less than the $6.65 million collected for the same period in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Attorney McRae challenging Miss. treasurer in GOP primary
- Judge names receiver for KiOR plant, but tax payment unclear
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement
- Choctaws' new hospital nearing completion
- Rival plans filed to end Cleveland schools federal oversight
- Tommy Robertson indicted on five counts of embezzlement
- Ecolab reducing Columbus workforce
- Production under way at Grammer AG in Tupelo
- State's ventures into alt-fuel markets net few jobs