Sales tax collections rise in Vicksburg
Published: October 22,2011
VICKSBURG — For a second straight month, sales tax collections in Vicksburg were up, with August receipts running 9.54 percent over 2010.
Revenue to the city lags actual sales tax collections by two months. For example, receipts for April reflect taxes collected on sales in February.
So far, total disbursements for the 2011 fiscal year total $6.62 million, or .49 percent less than the $6.65 million collected for the same period in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Bids on reworking Interstate 55 stretch are rejected
- Spivey named Under 40 Business Person of the Year by the Mississippi Business Journal
- JACK WEATHERLY: Economic development in these parts is a ‘family’ business
- ALAN TURNER: Education in Mississippi – good and bad news
- Hosemann to launch crowd funding program
- CFPB wants repay ability at center of new payday loan rules
- Terminal upgrade on indefinite hold at Jackson International Airport
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- Answering the Bell: Interim Ole Miss law school dean well-regarded for directing hands-on clinical training