Sales tax collections rise in Vicksburg
Published: October 22,2011
VICKSBURG — For a second straight month, sales tax collections in Vicksburg were up, with August receipts running 9.54 percent over 2010.
Revenue to the city lags actual sales tax collections by two months. For example, receipts for April reflect taxes collected on sales in February.
So far, total disbursements for the 2011 fiscal year total $6.62 million, or .49 percent less than the $6.65 million collected for the same period in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- DeSoto County Supervisor Lee dies in ATV accident on his birthday
- Molpus closes Fund after more than $662M in commitments
- Kemper County plant will cost at least another $496M to complete
- Cochran calls on EPA for review of Yazoo Backwater Project
- State Sen. Gandy hospitalized in South America
- Camgian launches Internet of Things product called Egburt
- Former Mississippi First Lady Carroll Waller dies at 87
- Number of requests for general election absentee ballots roughly same as primary
- After string of losses, O'Hara sees himself as Senate 'protest vote'