Sales tax collections rise in Vicksburg
by Associated Press
Published: October 22,2011
VICKSBURG — For a second straight month, sales tax collections in Vicksburg were up, with August receipts running 9.54 percent over 2010.
Revenue to the city lags actual sales tax collections by two months. For example, receipts for April reflect taxes collected on sales in February.
So far, total disbursements for the 2011 fiscal year total $6.62 million, or .49 percent less than the $6.65 million collected for the same period in 2010.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Click Boutique revives Hattiesburg downtown retail district
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- KEEPING OUR EYE ON: Elizabeth Harris
- Brown would make history if confirmed as judge
- Real estate company paying $1M for compromising wetlands
- Nullification and interposition
- Authorities: Suspect in ricin-laced letters case appeared to try to run
- Froyo y’all: Couple brings 'delicious' dessert to Delta
- Undersecretary: 'I understand the frustration' over catfish inspections