Barrier islands’ health crucial to Gulf Coast economy
Published: October 23,2011
Two of the state’s four barrier islands, which are the keys to both the Coast’s ecology and economy, are in jeopardy, and state and federal agencies are now in a race with time and nature to reverse the damage.
The operation is focused on the most threatened island, Ship Island, but authorities are also worried about…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- UMMC reaching out after death of high school football player
- MDOT: Work on I-269 is on schedule, several phases at halfway point
- Margaritaville owner files for bankruptcy before landlord hearing
- Delta Council says condition of Highway 6 'of crisis dimensions'
- Severstal completes the sale of Columbus plant to Steel Dynamics
- Another marker going up on Mississippi Country Music Trail
- Researchers fly drone into hurricane for the first time
- House votes for transfer of Yellow Creek Port land to state
- City leaders vote against offering insurance to one adult, possibly same-sex partner