Barrier islands’ health crucial to Gulf Coast economy
by Wally Northway
Published: October 23,2011
Two of the state’s four barrier islands, which are the keys to both the Coast’s ecology and economy, are in jeopardy, and state and federal agencies are now in a race with time and nature to reverse the damage.
The operation is focused on the most threatened island, Ship Island, but authorities are also worried about…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years