Barrier islands’ health crucial to Gulf Coast economy
Published: October 23,2011
Two of the state’s four barrier islands, which are the keys to both the Coast’s ecology and economy, are in jeopardy, and state and federal agencies are now in a race with time and nature to reverse the damage.
The operation is focused on the most threatened island, Ship Island, but authorities are also worried about…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Jail kitchen supervisor pleads guilty to stealing food
- A BIG CHANGE: New mortgage rules seen bringing increase in pricey mobile home loans
- Warden who lives hundreds of miles from jail resigns
- Top 10 finalists chosen for C Spire Conerly Trophy
- Ex-MDEQ leader Fisher joins Butler Snow
- State’s new banking chief Charlotte Corley has deep roots in the business
- DAVID DALLAS: Savor this Thanksgiving and be grateful
- Analyst: KiOR Columbus plant may end up sold as scrap
- (UPDATE) Gov. Bryant: $1.2 billion aluminum plant is a very exciting proposition for the state of Mississippi