Bost named CNO
Southern Nuclear of Birmingham, Ala., has elected Danny G. Bost as chief nuclear officer. Bost will be the executive responsible for the overall performance of Southern Nuclear’s six operating plants.
Bost comes to Southern Nuclear from serving as a Nuclear Safety Review Board consultant where he conducted nuclear safety reviews at facilities operated by Detroit Edison, Exelon and First Energy since 2008. Prior to his NSRB consultant role, Bost was the site vice president of the Exelon’s Dresden Generating Station. Exelon operates the largest nuclear generating fleet in the United States with 10 plant sites and 17 units.
Before that he held other leadership positions with Exelon, as station manager of Dresden and engineering director at LaSalle County Generating Station. He began his nuclear career in 1981 at Entergy’s Grand Gulf Station where he served as engineering director and maintenance manager.
Bost, a native of Verona, holds a bachelor’s degree in civil engineering from Mississippi State University. He is a registered professional engineer in Mississippi, and he earned his Senior Reactor Operator certification in 1990.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- IKE TROTTER: There are primary changes in Social Security for 2014
- PSC unanimously rejects Entergy-ITC proposed merger
- Conservator: Schools had too many employees
- Company mulling plan to build new pipeline
- Omega Protein shifting vessels to Mississippi
- Study says state sacrificing billions of dollars, 20,000 jobs in refusing Medicaid expansion
- Lost Pizza discovered — Restaurateurs begin franchising
- Bankrupt Simply Wheelz chooses prevailing bidder for assets
- Keeping our eye on ... Laurel Donahoo