Columbia taps Ford
Richard Ford, the Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist and Mississippi native, is heading to New York City. Columbia University announced that the author of “Independence Day” is joining its faculty.
Ford, currently teaching at the University of Mississippi, will fill a newly created position at Columbia for a professor of humanities and writing. He will teach at Columbia’s MFA writing program.
Ford’s other books include the novel “The Sportswriter” and the story collection “Women With Men.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Mississippi Economic Council
Mississippi Chambers of Commerce
Mississippi State Legislature
Mississippi Development Authority
Mississippi Economic Development Council
North Mississippi News
Social Security Disability Lawyer
Auto Accidents Lawyer
Top Posts & Pages
- Shale oil: market correction or longterm direction?
- Aluminum company rumored for Columbus: 'clock' is for website, not plant site
- Tanger Outlets involved in Southaven project
- New Mississippi state highway map is available for the public
- DAVID DALLAS: Who in the Hell are We?
- Hyatt-Place is Columbus’ newest hotel option
- J.McLaughlin to open in Highland Village next spring
- MBJ exclusive: Jackson’s new airport CEO fulfills desire to taking on the top job
- Analysts hail BancorpSouth stock buyback as ‘handsome’ reward for shareholders