Columbia taps Ford
Richard Ford, the Pulitzer Prize-winning novelist and Mississippi native, is heading to New York City. Columbia University announced that the author of “Independence Day” is joining its faculty.
Ford, currently teaching at the University of Mississippi, will fill a newly created position at Columbia for a professor of humanities and writing. He will teach at Columbia’s MFA writing program.
Ford’s other books include the novel “The Sportswriter” and the story collection “Women With Men.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Lawmakers debating alternative to Medicaid expansion
- UPDATED: House subcommittee tosses discrimination elements from religious freedom bill
- Chris McDaniel gets a thank you note from Travis Childers
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- Senate passes teacher pay raise legislation
- States settle with manufacturers in DRAM price-fixing case
- Pickering collects more money from failed beef plant project
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- Reactive Surfaces files lawsuit against Toyota in patent dispute