DSU names new chairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
After serving for one year as interim chair for the Division of Management, Marketing, and Business Administration in Delta State University’s College of Business, Dr. Rebecca Hochradel has moved into the position permanently. Hochradel has served as a faculty member at Delta State since 2007.
Originally from Louisville, Ky., Hochradel has served in academia for 14 years. She taught at Norfolk State University from 1997 until 2007 and was an adjunct instructor at Old Dominion University from 2005 until 2007. Prior to working in academia, Hochradel worked in both government and private industry. She worked for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Woman, Infants, and Children (WIC) in both Indiana and Georgia. In Indiana, she served on the National Association of WIC Directors Board and was a member of the committee that developed the national risk criteria used by the WIC program.
Hochradel has experience in quality control with the health care and consumer goods industries. She also served as a consultant with small businesses throughout the southeast regarding management and marketing practices.
In a separate item, the Division of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems, and Finance in the College of Business at Delta State University welcomes Dr. Clint Wood as the new chair. Wood is no stranger to Delta State, having served as an instructor for 28 years teaching business law, insurance and finance courses.
Born and raised in Cleveland, Wood graduated from Delta State in 1977 with a degree in finance and from Ole Miss Law School in 1980. Prior to working in academia, Wood served as a trust officer for Deposit Guaranty National Bank (currently Regions Bank) for four years. He worked with his father in the management of the W. Frank Wood Insurance Agency, which was founded in Cleveland, for 15 years. In 1998 he earned his Certificate Insurance Counselor professional designation and is frequently called to testify as an expert witness in insurance litigation.
He serves on the board of directors of Statewide Federal Credit Union and as an elder at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. Wood and his wife, Laura, celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary last summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Deal for Jackson-Orlando flights in works with Allegiant
- Baseball stadium for Farish Street? It’s possible
- State GOP chairman calls on McDaniel to hurry with challenge
- Explosion at Coast fish plant leaves one dead, three injured
- McCarthy hired as CFO of Mississippi Development Authority
- Former Gov. Musgrove pushing lawsuit to school districts
- Guns OK inside Mississippi polling places, attorney general says
- Former state lawmaker Green dies at home at age 62
- White House hotel making comeback in Biloxi
- 'Get on Up' movie premiers in Madison with Chadwick Boseman and Tate Taylor walking the red carpet