DSU names new chairs
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
After serving for one year as interim chair for the Division of Management, Marketing, and Business Administration in Delta State University’s College of Business, Dr. Rebecca Hochradel has moved into the position permanently. Hochradel has served as a faculty member at Delta State since 2007.
Originally from Louisville, Ky., Hochradel has served in academia for 14 years. She taught at Norfolk State University from 1997 until 2007 and was an adjunct instructor at Old Dominion University from 2005 until 2007. Prior to working in academia, Hochradel worked in both government and private industry. She worked for the Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Woman, Infants, and Children (WIC) in both Indiana and Georgia. In Indiana, she served on the National Association of WIC Directors Board and was a member of the committee that developed the national risk criteria used by the WIC program.
Hochradel has experience in quality control with the health care and consumer goods industries. She also served as a consultant with small businesses throughout the southeast regarding management and marketing practices.
In a separate item, the Division of Accountancy, Computer Information Systems, and Finance in the College of Business at Delta State University welcomes Dr. Clint Wood as the new chair. Wood is no stranger to Delta State, having served as an instructor for 28 years teaching business law, insurance and finance courses.
Born and raised in Cleveland, Wood graduated from Delta State in 1977 with a degree in finance and from Ole Miss Law School in 1980. Prior to working in academia, Wood served as a trust officer for Deposit Guaranty National Bank (currently Regions Bank) for four years. He worked with his father in the management of the W. Frank Wood Insurance Agency, which was founded in Cleveland, for 15 years. In 1998 he earned his Certificate Insurance Counselor professional designation and is frequently called to testify as an expert witness in insurance litigation.
He serves on the board of directors of Statewide Federal Credit Union and as an elder at the Covenant Presbyterian Church. Wood and his wife, Laura, celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary last summer.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- (UPDATE) Prison won’t interrupt ex-prison chief’s retirement cash flow
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- JOSH MABUS — Inbound marketing is fueled by wishful thinking
- Kemper plant employee gag order continued
- Ex-prison boss and businessman admit to bribery scheme
- The leadership styles of President Obama
- MARTIN WILLOUGHBY — Doug Dale’s self-awareness helps lift him to top of his game
- WRESTLING SUCCESS — Ted DiBiase Jr. leaves ring to become entrepreneur
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- ASA postmortem: industrial recruiting is a constant cycle of death and life