Hearing provides few insights over proposed rail abandonment
Job loss estimates reach 500
Published: October 23,2011
A joint hearing of the House and Senate Transportation committees last week provided a few answers from the company that has filed to abandon a stretch of railroad from Grenada to Canton.
But it did nothing to assuage some of the concern from officials of affected communities.
Grenada Railway filed in late September with the federal Surface Transportation Board a request to abandon the 80-mile line it purchased from CN in 2009. Since then, waves of protests have followed, led by…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dan Jones-IHL saga: Is this the story that started it all?
- Dan Jones rejects IHL offer, won't publicly apologize
- Email from Nash to Delta Council’s Morgan included in DHA court file
- BREAKING NEWS: Trustees offer new deal to Ole Miss chancellor Dan Jones
- Suit against Kemper employee Brett Wingo is dismissed
- Ole Miss chancellor: Talks continue over job status
- DAVID DALLAS — From Dan and Dixie with love
- Delta Health Alliance CEO Karen Fox under investigation for possible misuse of funds
- Law to bolster utilities’ economic development efforts gets mixed reactions