Hearing provides few insights over proposed rail abandonment
Job loss estimates reach 500
Published: October 23,2011
A joint hearing of the House and Senate Transportation committees last week provided a few answers from the company that has filed to abandon a stretch of railroad from Grenada to Canton.
But it did nothing to assuage some of the concern from officials of affected communities.
Grenada Railway filed in late September with the federal Surface Transportation Board a request to abandon the 80-mile line it purchased from CN in 2009. Since then, waves of protests have followed, led by…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- Peavey's wellness program honored after workers drop 1,000 pounds
- Pickering lists concerns over Mississippi Adequate Education Program formula
- Group, lesbian couples look to overturn state's ban on same-sex marriages
- Watkins says JRA out to block him from Farish by repaying HUD $1.5M
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- State renews battle over water use with city of Memphis
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- DAVID DALLAS: You say “Obama”, I say “Ebola”
- Biloxi baseball project still alive but may be held for 2015