Hearing provides few insights over proposed rail abandonment
Job loss estimates reach 500
Published: October 23,2011
A joint hearing of the House and Senate Transportation committees last week provided a few answers from the company that has filed to abandon a stretch of railroad from Grenada to Canton.
But it did nothing to assuage some of the concern from officials of affected communities.
Grenada Railway filed in late September with the federal Surface Transportation Board a request to abandon the 80-mile line it purchased from CN in 2009. Since then, waves of protests have followed, led by…
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Top Posts & Pages
- NEW IN MADISON COUNTY — Mississippi Bio-Medical Business Collaboratory to be introduced Friday
- GreenTech holds grand opening of neighborhood electric vehicle plant
- Turner Grain’s bankruptcy will help consolidate lawsuits alleging breach of contract
- Alcorn president launches new customer service task force
- David Duval, former British Open winner, joins Sanderson Farms field
- Mississippi Film Studios signs contract with New Orleans company
- MDOT cutting more than 40 jobs in Right-of-Way Division
- Mars Food expanding Delta plant; investing $31M and adding jobs
- Granddaughter of Barq's Root Beer founder dies at 90