Louisiana firm opens new office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
JACKSON — Chaffe & Associates Inc. of New Orleans has opened a full-service office in Jackson. Through this office, Chaffe will provide investment banking and advisory services to public and private businesses and community banks in Mississippi, including business valuation services for purposes such as estate planning, ESOPs and fair value accounting.
John P. Hammond, former vice president of finance for Jackson-based SmartSynch Inc. and CFO for American HealthTech, has joined the firm and will operate out of the Jackson office. Vanessa Brown Claiborne, President and CEO of Chaffe, noted, “Chaffe has an extensive track record in helping business owners throughout the Gulf South achieve their strategic objectives. We are especially excited to have John join us to help us more closely serve the Mississippi business community.”
Leland R. Speed, interim executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said, “Chaffe & Associates has a very strong reputation in investment banking and I welcome them to Jackson. Our state’s economy will benefit from having a local investment banker with their level of expertise.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
FOLLOW THE MBJ ON TWITTERMy Tweets
Twang & Tourism: The Country Music Trail
Top Posts & Pages
- Officials set hunting dates for birds; expands dove season by 20 days
- FLIPPING OUT — Flipping houses is popular in much of the country, but in Mississippi ...
- MBJ Special report: MDA numbers help with cities’ retail pitches
- REVVING UP — Motorcars of Jackson is preparing to open its first-ever showroom on I-55
- Nehi Bottling Company has been a Cleveland fixture for 85 years
- COO of TL Wallace Construction keeps eye on revenue growth and profits
- RAISING AWARENESS — Lori Newcomb, family join fight against ovarian cancer
- Isle of Capri reports decreased in-state revenues; experiencing 'market pressures'
- DREAMS AND OYSTERS — Houstons set for August opening of Saltine in Fondren