Louisiana firm opens new office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
JACKSON — Chaffe & Associates Inc. of New Orleans has opened a full-service office in Jackson. Through this office, Chaffe will provide investment banking and advisory services to public and private businesses and community banks in Mississippi, including business valuation services for purposes such as estate planning, ESOPs and fair value accounting.
John P. Hammond, former vice president of finance for Jackson-based SmartSynch Inc. and CFO for American HealthTech, has joined the firm and will operate out of the Jackson office. Vanessa Brown Claiborne, President and CEO of Chaffe, noted, “Chaffe has an extensive track record in helping business owners throughout the Gulf South achieve their strategic objectives. We are especially excited to have John join us to help us more closely serve the Mississippi business community.”
Leland R. Speed, interim executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said, “Chaffe & Associates has a very strong reputation in investment banking and I welcome them to Jackson. Our state’s economy will benefit from having a local investment banker with their level of expertise.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Haley Barbour: Kemper plant will rival Grand Gulf’s performance
- JOSH MABUS: Make it in Mississippi
- MDOT commissioner: National group gets it ‘backwards’ on state’s spending on bridge upkeep
- BEN WILLIAMS AND MOLLY JEFFCOAT: Title certificates, reports, commitments & policies: The difference may be your job!
- With S&P suit settled, Mississippi set to take on Moody’s over flawed investment ratings
- LOUANN LOFTON: A book of maps for lovers of New Orleans
- Longtime Biloxi mayor Holloway resigns
- Barbour to lead Butler Snow economic development firm
- Texas company fined for taking water from a Mississippi river