Louisiana firm opens new office in Capital City
by MBJ Staff
Published: October 23,2011
JACKSON — Chaffe & Associates Inc. of New Orleans has opened a full-service office in Jackson. Through this office, Chaffe will provide investment banking and advisory services to public and private businesses and community banks in Mississippi, including business valuation services for purposes such as estate planning, ESOPs and fair value accounting.
John P. Hammond, former vice president of finance for Jackson-based SmartSynch Inc. and CFO for American HealthTech, has joined the firm and will operate out of the Jackson office. Vanessa Brown Claiborne, President and CEO of Chaffe, noted, “Chaffe has an extensive track record in helping business owners throughout the Gulf South achieve their strategic objectives. We are especially excited to have John join us to help us more closely serve the Mississippi business community.”
Leland R. Speed, interim executive director of the Mississippi Development Authority, said, “Chaffe & Associates has a very strong reputation in investment banking and I welcome them to Jackson. Our state’s economy will benefit from having a local investment banker with their level of expertise.”
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- HUNTER ARNOLD: Mississippi, Gulf Coast states focus on global business markets
- Host families prepare for Mississippi Braves’ season
- JOSH MABUS — Mississippi’s Healthcare: Not a quality problem, a marketing problem
- Ridgeland property rights tussle is expected to have wide impact
- Starkville's Cotton Mill Marketplace hotel breaks ground Wednesday
- Two new casinos like the odds on Mississippi Gulf Coast
- PHIL HARDWICK: When will Mississippi change its culture?
- AWAITING ITS FATE: Gables complex may have to shrink to meet law
- DAVID DALLAS — Roger Wicker: Profile in discouragement