PRCC board news
Pearl River Community College’s Board of Trustees welcomes Don Welsh of the Ceasar community, a PRCC graduate and longtime employee of the college. He succeeds Barry Harper.
Welsh attended PRCC from 1964-66. He earned three degrees from the University of Southern Mississippi – a BS, MS and specialist in education. He worked for 38 years at PRCC, retiring last June as director of career and technical education programs.
Welsh and his wife, Elaine, are the parents of two sons, Seth and Reid, and one daughter-in-law, Amber.
In a separate item, Dr. Gale Harris has been reappointed to serve another team on the Pearl River Community College Board of Trustees as a Pearl River County representative. Harris has served on the board since January 2004. Harris, a PRCC alumnus, is a Poplarville veterinarian.
To sign up for Mississippi Business Daily Updates, click here.
Top Posts & Pages
- District at Eastover construction to start later this year
- Fervor grows for Tuscaloosa Marine Shale
- With no interim, board begins hunt for MVSU president
- LNG facility hoping to begin exporting natural gas
- Ex-Northwest Rankin coach David Coates dies before drug trial
- Supervisors to talk with trustees about selling hospital
- WOODS: Time to put gloves on for handgrabbing
- The link between education and economic development